probably a pointless question but should the truss rod be adjusted even if there is no fret buzz?... i presume it doesn't need it
Quote by striker327
probably a pointless question but should the truss rod be adjusted even if there is no fret buzz?... i presume it doesn't need it

The trussrod only needs adjustment when the neck is bowed; it can have a little bit of relief, but not too much.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
ah thats good. I think my neck relief is something between 12 and 15 on a feeler gauge which is good
Nope, no adjustment needed. You should be good to go.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
just out of interest.. why do people adjust it seasonally? i would only think it would move a tinny tinny bit
^ If you live in an area where the climate goes through extreme changes, such as here in Minnesota, seasonal changes to the guitar warrant a truss rod adjustment. Winter air is very very dry and cold for a guitar, while summer is just the opposite, it's always much more humid and warmer. A guitar will be effected by these changes, and playability will be effected the most. The geometry of a guitar will change with the weather. Most of the adjustments needed for small changes would be to simply re-intonate, maybe raise/lower the action a tad. Seasonal changes need the help of the truss rod so that one can maintain the proper neck relief in order for all the strings to vibrate freely.
My Gibson SG is very susceptable to changes in humidity, while my Alvarez is more prone to changes in temperature, showing that not all guitars react the same to the same changes in environment. This is why you are recommended to store guitar is a controlled environment, at about 45-50% humidity, and about 70 degrees F yearround. It keeps the guitar stable.
ah ic thanx.. I live down south in Australia.. i probably don't have to worry to much, I hope.

thanx for replies