Page 1 of 3
Pit, I come seeking guidance.
So today me and my girlfriend were getting off a train in the city, we were walking through the train station when group of these black guys (I’m not quite sure there exact race, but they looked to be African) started harassing my girlfriend. I didn't say anything and we kept walking. Next thing I know she tells me I'm "not a real man because I didn't defend my woman’s honor". What was I meant to do? There was like 10 of them, I would have got my ass-kicked. So after half an hour of her accusing me of being a pussy I just walked off on her. I haven't called her since. Should I ring up and apologize, or should I just move on?
Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Call her and talk about it. You don't neccessarily need to apologize, and she doesn't either. Just talk about it.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
personally i wouldnt have let that **** happen, you should have murked those motha****as right there, just **** talk em and when they push you pull the gat. let em have it
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
Quote by Kaervek
personally i wouldnt have let that **** happen, you should have murked those motha****as right there, just **** talk em and when they push you pull the gat. let em have it

Yes, because you're housin'.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Just talk to her about it.

If she's mature, and you are too, then you'll be able to work it out.

If not, it wouldn't have worked out anyway.
That's a tough situation, but I guess it really depends on how much they harassed her. If they were constantly doing it you could have at least said something back. Defending someone you care about doesn't necessarily mean you should talk **** back or fight them.

But at the same time she could be overreacting. If they just made some quick little sexist remark then it's nothing to worry about. Situations like that can be tough..
i can find neither a humorous nor a logical reply to this so you, my friend, are in quite a pickle.
Run Away Lawl
You Should Call Her And Say 'lol Kaikz I Runzz Off Cause Im Gangstazzz!! Lawl!!!'
Too ****ing late now, ain't it?
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
well mate look at it this way..would she prefer a pussy (not saying u are, u did what i wouldve)..or a dead boyfriend..when it comes down to it her losing ''womans honour'' is a lt fuking better than u being hospitalised, seriously...just call her and speak ur mind, u dont deserve to be punished for not being hot-headed.
HI THERE
don't worry about her calling you a pussy. I think it is obvious those guys were pussies because there had to be ten of them to harrass 2 people.but i do think you should ring up your girl and just talk
...Kick her in the ovaries.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by white falcon119
well mate look at it this way..would she prefer a pussy (not saying u are, u did what i wouldve)..or a dead boyfriend..when it comes down to it her losing ''womans honour'' is a lt fuking better than u being hospitalised, seriously...just call her and speak ur mind, u dont deserve to be punished for not being hot-headed.

If I were to post something in this thread, this is exactly what I would say.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by white falcon119

agreed,
honestly sounds like she was pissed about something else and that gave her a reason to vent on you maybe.
You should point out that as a feminist, you believe she is capable of handling it herself. If she disagrees then you have no choice but to become a sexist, and think women aren't capable of handling their own problems, and therefore need to be baby sat.

..I don't actually believe this, I just want you to say it. Because I'm bored, and the story that will result might relieve my boredom.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

well, your girlfriend was a bitch. as if she couldnt see it from your point of view. she just wanted you to get smashed. any girl who considers it your job to defend her is a bitch.

on the other hand though, honestly, if i was in your shoes, i would have just taken the beating.. it sounds stupid, but i would stand up for my girlfriend regardless of how beat up i'd get.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Tell her you'll apologise, but only if she promises to never bitch about inequality or sexism ever again, because she evidently needs a man to deal with some name calling.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
African guys eh? You should have just knocked her to the ground and raped her with the african guys.
Quote by instagata0
well, your girlfriend was a bitch. as if she couldnt see it from your point of view. she just wanted you to get smashed. any girl who considers it your job to defend her is a bitch.

on the other hand though, honestly, if i was in your shoes, i would have just taken the beating.. it sounds stupid, but i would stand up for my girlfriend regardless of how beat up i'd get.

I would stand up for any friend regardless of how beat up I'd get.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob

Yes we can be as brave as we want behind a computer.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
You should point out that as a feminist, you believe she is capable of handling it herself. If she disagrees then you have no choice but to become a sexist, and think women aren't capable of handling their own problems, and therefore need to be baby sat.

..I don't actually believe this, I just want you to say it. Because I'm bored, and the story that will result might relieve my boredom.

That is fucking genius

Go with this.

But seriously, she was angry you aren't an aggressive jerk? 'cause reacting normally makes you no better than them, all you did was make sure the situation remained relatively calm and got you, and your lady, out of there with little fuss. Which to me, is the ideal plan of action

But yeah, Jack Off Jill clearly has the right idea!
Quote by MyDesertRose
Yes we can be as brave as we want behind a computer.

I'm dead serious. I've done it before, I'll do it again.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by tushmeister
That is f<u>u</u>cking genius

Go with this.

But seriously, she was angry you aren't an aggressive jerk? 'cause reacting normally makes you no better than them, all you did was make sure the situation remained relatively calm and got you, and your lady, out of there with little fuss. Which to me, is the ideal plan of action

But yeah, Jack Off Jill clearly has the right idea!

G-g-g-g-ghost!!!
Quote by vintage x metal

travel to china become a shaolin monk learn teh 5 form kung fu then.then sum 15-15.877years later hav nightmare return home rescue gf from horde of mutant ninja zombies only to be bitten and eat gf urself yey. thats the way the world wrks watch a movie deh.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
G-g-g-g-ghost!!!

Ahaha, nah I'm back buddy

So as not to de-rail this thread, I'll give you a profile comment now buddy!
Quote by CORT noob

as would i. i was saying what i said because the story related to the TS. but i HAVE in the past stood up for a friend and faced bloody noses and bruises (and detentions of course ).

im proud to say that im a loyal friend and boyfriend.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
you should have at least told them to back off dude...

i dont really think they would have beat the **** out of you for that.

whenever someone has said anything to any of the girls ive dated in the past ive just told them to **** off, and they would try to say something but kind of just get over it.

im not a badass, or a fighter, i just dont stand for that **** you know?

I think she had a point, but calling you a pussy and stuff, thats kind of childish
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by CORT noob
I'm dead serious. I've done it before, I'll do it again.

Props to you then.
Quote by nvranka
you should have at least told them to back off dude...

i dont really think they would have beat the **** out of you for that.

whenever someone has said anything to any of the girls ive dated in the past ive just told them to **** off, and they would try to say something but kind of just get over it.

im not a badass, or a fighter, i just dont stand for that **** you know?

I think she had a point, but calling you a pussy and stuff, thats kind of childish

Are you stupid?
In a situation where a gang of people are attempting to get a reaction out of you, don't you believe giving them a reaction will fuel them? They might not have beat them for that, but they'd keep pulling bigger reactions until they hit 'Gang Mentality State; Justifiable Violence', which I'm aware sounds like a cool name for a video game..

But yeah
Giving the slightest reaction sets off a chain reaction, and living in a country where knives are often 2 to a person on the street, I wouldn't put myself into that chain just for the sake of saying a few ineffective words.
I think you were right to break up with her. If she were mentally mature, she would have known those people weren't worth getting involved with and it wouldn't matter. Just stop talking to her for a while and if she really loved/cared about you, she'd call you and apologize. If anything, she's a bitch for wanting you to start a fight and show off your "manliness".
Also to point out that some chicks think they deserve alot more than what they really do, so just wait till she gets knocked back down to earth and if that doesn't happen then go find another one.
Quote by Rhythm__Guitar
So today me and my girlfriend were getting off a train in the city, we were walking through the train station when group of these black guys (I’m not quite sure there exact race, but they looked to be African) started harassing my girlfriend. I didn't say anything and we kept walking. Next thing I know she tells me I'm "not a real man because I didn't defend my woman’s honor". What was I meant to do? There was like 10 of them, I would have got my ass-kicked. So after half an hour of her accusing me of being a pussy I just walked off on her. I haven't called her since. Should I ring up and apologize, or should I just move on?

Your a pussy if you call the bitch back. I wouldn't have anything to do with some one who treated me like that. I guess you could hit it then leave it though.....
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
pfft.. she obviously doesn't care about your well being if she was mad that you wouldn't go out and fight 10 other guys at the same time.

set up 10 fat chicks to go kick her ass and see what happens.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
pfft.. she obviously doesn't care about your well being if she was mad that you wouldn't go out and fight 10 other guys at the same time.

set up 10 fat chicks to go kick her ass and see what happens.

Orrr better still set up 10 fat chicks to come beat you up in her presence
Then shout at her for not defending your honour
Then your on equal terms again
More bedroom time for you.
Quote by Rhythm__Guitar

Where in melbourne? Im in melbourne it wasnt Footscray was it?
That would suck to happen, thank god im a tank
Page 1 of 3