I want to know what the best cheap guitars are for just pure tremolo wanking. I'm not much into metal music, but I'd like a locking nut guitar someday's anyways, just for poops and giggles. I have fun doing divebombs on my strat copy, but I would like something more suited for it. So, just shout out some names, maybe of some guitars to keep my eyes out for in the used sections.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob
I want to know what the best cheap guitars are for just pure tremolo wanking. I'm not much into metal music, but I'd like a locking nut guitar someday's anyways, just for poops and giggles. I have fun doing divebombs on my strat copy, but I would like something more suited for it. So, just shout out some names, maybe of some guitars to keep my eyes out for in the used sections.

if you want a good lookin guitar for relatively cheap, look into the RGR320.
and also, your signature disgusts me.
Well from personal experience I'd say the one in my sig. For me it holds tune really well and I've never had a problem with it, although I am going to upgrade to a Schaller Floyd sometime soon anyways.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
buy a dean from hell, learn you'll never be at the level or achieve anything dime was able to, then kill yourself!
my shiz:
dean razorback explosion
agile septor 7 string
all monster/mogami cables

peavey JSX
peavey triple xxx cab

howabout some precision metal, ladies and gentlemen?
www.myspace.com/flawlessamongthefallen
Quote by stilleto
if you want a good lookin guitar for relatively cheap, look into the RGR320.
and also, your signature disgusts me.

I'm sorry

It's in the name of UG community city. I really don't dislike Pantera or Dimebag, I just thought it would get people to look at it. I'll change my sig tommorow .

By the way, Ibanez, RGR320, I'm remembering that one. I'm more of a Grunge/blues fan, so I don't have much experience with the tremolos, so you guys have no idea how much you are all helping me. I'll be going around to guitar stores on Thursdays, I'll write these down.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by XianXiuHong
Buy a dildo.

All the wankery you can get.

The Pit, this isn't it.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
I'm sorry

It's in the name of UG community city. I really don't dislike Pantera or Dimebag, I just thought it would get people to look at it. I'll change my sig tommorow .

By the way, Ibanez, RGR320, I'm remembering that one. I'm more of a Grunge/blues fan, so I don't have much experience with the tremolos, so you guys have no idea how much you are all helping me. I'll be going around to guitar stores on Thursdays, I'll write these down.

in that case, go for an esp! price range?
my shiz:
dean razorback explosion
agile septor 7 string

peavey JSX
peavey triple xxx cab

Quote by anti-goth
in that case, go for an esp! price range?

The price range isn't really neccessary, seeing as how I have no money, and am willing to save the exact minimum for a decent trem. Are there some good low range LTD's?
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

How about buying mine for cheap-cheap?

Postage will probably be too much of a bitch, though...

Also, why the hell are you so desperate to make people look at one of those minicities?
Quote by Pikka Bird
How about buying mine for cheap-cheap?

Postage will probably be too much of a bitch, though...

Also, why the hell are you so desperate to make people look at one of those minicities?

Trade you a Cort M520? I just don't like 24.75 scale guitars, I don't know why.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Since we're talking tremolo wankery, I was obviously referring to my LTD MH-1000, which is 25.5" and has an OFR that's completely rock solid.

...and my Cort is an M600, not 520.
mh1000 is 900 bucks.. probably the best guitar i've ever played.. i'd say go ahead and buy a m-100 or m-200 if you like the strat body, those two are about 3-400 dollars, isn't that much
my shiz:
dean razorback explosion
agile septor 7 string

peavey JSX
peavey triple xxx cab

Quote by CORT noob

Well, I'd say wait for the new BC Rich gunslingers (including the Retro) to come out.

The problem with most cheap, tremolo equiped, guitars is that the trems are pretty bad.

The Ibanez RGR320 is a nice guitar, but the Edge III (the reason why you're buying it) is a let down.

The BC Gunslingers are going to be pretty cheap, but they come with an OFR.

If you want to go the Ibanez route, check for:

-the S320; the cheapest S to come with a ZR bridge

-the RG1570; the cheapest Rg that is Prestige and comes with an Edge Pro

-older used RG's (think RG5xx and up, like the 550 or 570); they're usually available on ebay, they're cheap and they're well built.

If you really want a tremolo, atleast get:

-an OFR; quality bridges
-a good LFR; think Schaller, Gotoh, some Ibanez bridges, etc.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
How about a second hand DECENT Epi SG with a Bigsby Trem. I know it's not quite what you're after but you can get a locking nut fitted and It'll be cheap enough to start off with and yet give you room to grow with your sound. If you can get a 3 pick-up version (I don't know what they were called) they make a gorgeous tone for blues and grunge, really fuzzed up and sensual.
Quote by geeetar
How about a second hand DECENT Epi SG with a Bigsby Trem. I know it's not quite what you're after but you can get a locking nut fitted and It'll be cheap enough to start off with and yet give you room to grow with your sound. If you can get a 3 pick-up version (I don't know what they were called) they make a gorgeous tone for blues and grunge, really fuzzed up and sensual.

A Bigsby is probably one of the least abusable trems out there, I wouldn't recommend one for anything other than mild/light vibrato.

Also, a locking nut would need to be installed behind the original nut, because there isn't enough room on the fretboard. Add to that the fact that a locking nut without fine tuners is a pain in the ass and you'll see why this isn't a good idea.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Well, I'd say wait for the new BC Rich gunslingers (including the Retro) to come out.

The problem with most cheap, tremolo equiped, guitars is that the trems are pretty bad.

The Ibanez RGR320 is a nice guitar, but the Edge III (the reason why you're buying it) is a let down.

-older used RG's (think RG5xx and up, like the 550 or 570); they're usually available on ebay, they're cheap and they're well built.

-an OFR; quality bridges

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Pikka Bird
Since we're talking tremolo wankery, I was obviously referring to my LTD MH-1000, which is 25.5" and has an OFR that's completely rock solid.

...and my Cort is an M600, not 520.

I'm getting rid of my 520, and wanted to know if you'd trade

By the way, read through what all of you said. Do they still make those $150 floyd rose guitars? I was searching musiciansfriend and I couldn't find them.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

+1 on the Ibanez S-series guitars with the ZR whammy bar systems.

Until other manufacturers put ballberring-style whammies, with tool-free spring tension adjustment, on their guitars, IMO Ibanez is the leader in abusable whammy bars.

I'm saving up for one myself ...
Quote by Bonsaischaap

-an OFR; quality bridges

+1

We clearly have the same tastes in guitars, looking at your gear list
Get an Ibanez S320 It's cheap and has a reliable Trem.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Last edited by COBHC_Slayer at Mar 11, 2008,
Quote by thedonutman
+1

We clearly have the same tastes in guitars, looking at your gear list

Quote by Bonsaischaap

indeed. I will check out all your suggestions tommorow at the stores!
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123