My computer screwed up a while ago, and ever since we got it fixed, power tab wasn't there, and i can't reinstall it. When i click the setup icon after i've downloaded and extracted all the files, it says: "This advertised application will not be installed because it may not be safe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic."
How do I do that? I'm using XP if thats any help.
Do you have logins for different people? if so you may not be the admin for it?

Only thing I know that could stop you installing software.

Make yourself an admin, or install it through an Admins login.
how do i make myself an admin? I know how to do basic stuff on a computer, i know nothing about how it actually works.
Well, you need to find out if you are a user or admin 1st.

Go to the control panel in the startup bar thingy.

Click on users - you should see administrators in the group panel.

are you an admin?
ok dude, when your pc ****ed up did the bloke who fixed it clean slate it, like reinstall windows and delete everything?

If so it could still be partailly installed, make sure its uninstalled.

also try this - whenm u download the software, click save instead of run, then run it after its downloaded to your hard disk. give that a go.
Quote by Dumbo
ok dude, when your pc ****ed up did the bloke who fixed it clean slate it, like reinstall windows and delete everything?

If so it could still be partailly installed, make sure its uninstalled.

also try this - whenm u download the software, click save instead of run, then run it after its downloaded to your hard disk. give that a go.

i've done all that. still doesn't work.
I work in I.T support but this is gna get hard to explain now, does anyone in your family/friends no much comp stuff, would be best for you to ask them.

I will post here when i can explain it. in the meantime ask your mates/family if they know anything.

Im at work atm so cant really sit on UG all day or im gna get a spanking from my boss.
ok thanks anyway. when you can post, it would be great, because theres alot of tabs that are only on power tab and it's really annoying.
Quote by fretsonfire74
ok thanks anyway. when you can post, it would be great, because theres alot of tabs that are only on power tab and it's really annoying.

Guitar Pro can import Powertab files