Growing up with the life I had was easy, it was growing up with the sister I had the almost ruined me. Its not that she is a bad person, its just that she, well, she is more judgmental then most. Even worse than that, she was not the kind to keep it to herself, if there was something she didn't like about you, she would let you know it. Evidently, there was a great many things she didn't like about me. I did then, and I still do look up to my big sister, but for years she was like a train wreck for my confidence. Her veiw of me molded my veiw of myself, wich led to me hating everything about me. This story however is not about that depressed younger me, but about the changes I went through with the help of a friend that never did realize how much he did for me.
When I first saw him, I dismissed the fact that he was even there, he was just a friend of a friend and of no real importance to me. After all this time, I can't remember exactly how it happen, but when we did start talking, we simply clicked, like we had know each other for years, when in reality it wasn't even a week. Skip ahead a while, we've become closer to each other then some friends we have know for years. The way he made me feel about myself, the way I
felt about him, and the way he said he felt about me I know It was not really love, but it was heaven while it lasted. I was ontop of the world, he made me feel beautiful and special and perfect. With all the praise from him, I was walking two feet off the ground.
A little coaxing, and much of what I like to believe was as love was all it took to shatterd my shyness and tear down the walls I had built around myself. Wether it was with little compliments or the rantings of a love struck fool he convinced me that he spoke the truth and that anything my sister had said was spoken with nothing to back it up. When he finally made me realize that the image I had created of myself through my sisters harsh words was not the me the rest of the world saw, I made up my mind to hide myself no longer.
Because the Heavens sent me this angel I had a huge attitude adjustment towards life, myself and the rest of humanity. Over time I became more outgoing, much more social,made new friends, and gained enough confidence in myself even I would say I was vain. Along with this change came a dependance on him, he was the one I leaned on for everything be it in anger, joy or misery, this dependance ruined me. I went to him for everything, giving the many friends I could have brought closer no chance to really get to know me, and in the long run, that was the biggest mistake I could have made.
Over time I have kept all the things I've learned from him, i've kept the attitude adjustment, even the person he helped me discover I really wanted to be, and the confidence for the most part. Although the influence he had on me will remain, I can't help but find that one person slowly drifting away, leaveing me alone with my solitutde and the struggle to find close friends that I could have made while I was getting ever closer to him. I know it was never his fault for stealing me away, and even if it was, I look up to him like a God, and love him like a brother. I pray to whatever greater force there is that we will remain friends after he's gone away and we're both starting life anew. Even if we don't, no matter how far apart me way grow, he will stay in my heart like a stain in the best possible way for all that he has done to give me a better start in life, and all without knowing just how much the little things can affect a person.
call me Shelby

Last edited by ShelbyLynn at Mar 11, 2008,
I did not read all of it, but it seems strong.
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
Wow. I read that again and again. It's amazing.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments