So im trying to get a 6pack. Im excercising well, and thats all under control.

Basically been tapering of calories not eating alot through the night at all, and a very light dinner.

Last night I went to bed mentally and physically exhausted after an 18hr day, I laid there starving and sleepless for around 6 hrs, while waking up sore, hurting and in a foul mood today.

Why couldnt I sleep if I was exhausted, I wasnt stressed ? I just dont get it, Normally have no problems sleeping and can easily sleep 12hrs + on ocassions.

Ive been trying to also cut down on sleep too, as sleeping 10 hrs a day and more is wasting my life! But not this way, I wanna sleep round 5 n half hours a night.I either get 0 sleep or 12 hrs
5 and a half hours seems to be too little for me. Make it six and a half, I'd say.

But I don't know sh*t about bodybuilding so don't listen to me. Maybe ask in the "bodybuilding/general nutrition" thread?
I don't know about the sleep, that's probably due to the rapid change in your diet. What I would say is that you should eat an apple for breakfast. No kidding, man. Fruit gets your body running much better than sandwiches or cooked food or whatever, as well as being healthier. Oh, and it's been said that 6 hours sleep is too little, and that people who sleep on average 8-8 1/2 hours a day live longer than those who only get 6.
the perfect length of your sleep was somehow calculated to be 7hrs and 42min
I read a LOONG article about it, but don't quite remember anything
Quote by Klayy
the perfect length of your sleep was somehow calculated to be 7hrs and 42min
I read a LOONG article about it, but don't quite remember anything

no link? lol Il take your word for it since im new and dont know reputations

I cant help but want to emulate the link between what I see as people who sleep little and have alrge success in life : trump, putin, branson etc, various american presidents... All little sleep
Quote by kthxbi
I don't know about the sleep, that's probably due to the rapid change in your diet. What I would say is that you should eat an apple for breakfast. No kidding, man. Fruit gets your body running much better than sandwiches or cooked food or whatever, as well as being healthier. Oh, and it's been said that 6 hours sleep is too little, and that people who sleep on average 8-8 1/2 hours a day live longer than those who only get 6.

Im actually at that stage im 21, had my fair share of junk food, lately anything junk food related makes me fell really bad, and leads to throwingup at the gym, Im all junk "fooded" out I just cant take it anymore without gagging and feeling sick.

Use to love it/ be addicted to it etc. My breaksy normally 2 boiled eggs, weatbix, fruit lots of water
Quote by kthxbi

listen to thiS guy! this is wat i get on average. i am in training for track an if it wasnt for a little extra fat i would be lean an mean. Do a lot of cardio, it burns energy an makes your body stronger all around. But you should still try to mantain a 2000 calorie diet. its not healthy for you to eat less after a strenuos work out.
Quote by TheWildRide
no link? lol Il take your word for it since im new and dont know reputations

I cant help but want to emulate the link between what I see as people who sleep little and have alrge success in life : trump, putin, branson etc, various american presidents... All little sleep

It was in a magazine, not online
But I find it perfect to sleep some 8 hours, or more like if I set my alarm for 8:00, i go to sleep at midnight and there is some time before I fall asleep, so I get close to the 7:42, although that is just how it's natural for me, I was doing it like that even before I read that article
Quote by Klayy
It was in a magazine, not online
But I find it perfect to sleep some 8 hours, or more like if I set my alarm for 8:00, i go to sleep at midnight and there is some time before I fall asleep, so I get close to the 7:42, although that is just how it's natural for me, I was doing it like that even before I read that article

NICE FAIR enough im around 2300 calories tonight lol, but without the working out so yeh... Feel bit hungry though and its bed time soon
You're supposed to get about 8-9 hours of sleep, depending on your age and sleep cycle.

You don't have to drastically decrease your caloric intake, just make sure what you're eating is sensible, and not junky. It's actually bad if you rapidly decrease your intake because your body will store most of the food as fat because it doesn't know when the next time it'll get a potential energy source again (or something along those lines).

As far as developing a 6-pack, cardio is the most important part- running, biking, swimming, etc. Those burn fat- it doesn't matter how big your ab muscles are if there's lots of fat covering them up. I mean, ab exercises are good too, but you'll really see it through cardio work.
Do you really want a 6 pack that bad that you starve yourself? That just seems really sad just so you can look buff at the beach. I mean good on you for eating healthily and exercising more but is it really worth it? You seem to be on the path to illness by cutting down on food and sleep.