Well I know I will get majorly flamed and laughed at for this but I don't care. If I get 1 serious post for every 15 "haha you suck you like pokemon cardz" posts then I will be happy.

Does anyone here (still) collect the cards and/or play the trading card game.

If so;

-How many cards do you have (approx)?

-What deck are you running?

-What do your friends think of it?

I personally have around 2500 cards. Back when I was into it 6-7 years ago (like everyone was) I accumulated a few hundred cards and eventually got sick of it. However since I got back into it late last year I have been able to spend a lot more money due to having a job. It's pretty awesome. When I can I buy per box (36 boosters) as it is cheaper than getting individual booster packs.

I will be entering the state championships on Saturday using an Empoleon deck. It's pretty cool Hopefully I will do well. Some of my friends give me crap about it, however not all. Some actually enjoy playing it (although they don't buy cards themselves).

Anyone else here play?

And before you say anything, I am not a 'nerd', or 'geek'. I am just a normal person. I play guitar, get into sport, hang out with girls etc. I just enjoy Pokemon TCG.
Mabey two or three cards somewhere under my bed.
I can't even remember what deck I used back in the day.
And if I had pokemon cards. I wouldn't have friends.
Sorry.
Hurp De Durp
i just recently sold my 2800 pokemon cards that i wasted every penny that ever got on as a kid.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
I will be entering the state championships on Saturday using an Empoleon deck.

What the hell is an empoleon deck?

I used to collect them back in the day, when I was like 10. When the cool originals were around, like pickachu, and.....the other ones. Then I discovered girls.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by tallicafan888
What the hell is an empoleon deck?

I used to collect them back in the day, when I was like 10. When the cool originals were around, like pickachu, and.....the other ones. Then I discovered girls.

Ah, the allure of the vagina...
I was totally into it back when everyone was into it. I still have that japanese charizard that was worth $1500. Probably worth like, 20 bucks now.

I figure I'll just hang on to em all and give em to my kids so they can see how incredibly stupid we were.
Nope. None at all.
I prefer the illegal trade of Humans
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by jhardcore
Well I know I will get majorly flamed and laughed at for this but I don't care. If I get 1 serious post for every 15 "haha you suck you like pokemon cardz" posts then I will be happy.

Does anyone here (still) collect the cards and/or play the trading card game

.....What? I didn't know any still sold them.
My sister has them all stuck up on her wall.
I love finding stuff from when I were a nipper though.
Found loads of Premier league sticker books last week too.
Collected for a while 1000+ cards many rare one's First edition shiny Charizard, ****loads more shinys, but had to stop collectiong, there is nowhere to play them here in Australia.

Use to use an electabuzz/promo Mewtwo deck aimed at fast damagebefore anyone could set up on me
Quote by TheWildRide
Collected for a while 1000+ cards many rare one's First edition shiny Charizard, ****loads more shinys, but had to stop collectiong, there is nowhere to play them here in Australia.

Use to use an electabuzz/promo Mewtwo deck aimed at fast damagebefore anyone could set up on me

Dude, yes there is.

Which state do you live in?
Quote by jhardcore
Dude, yes there is.

Which state do you live in?

Melbourne. I also semi thought about coming back from retirement also. But then realised, all the old cards, and old strats I once used wouldnt be valid anymore!

Id have to buy more cards and get up to date.
There are competitions for pokemon? That is odd.

EDIT: I bet the best player is Japanese, I'd bet anything.
Quote by Grundy0
There are competitions for pokemon? That is odd.

EDIT: I bet the best player is Japanese, I'd bet anything.

Some of them are, although most are American.

And I'm sure there are leagues in Melbourne that one can play at, although Queensland and Tassie have the biggest player base.

http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/league/locator/

You can search here for your nearest league.
My shinys>Your shinys

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Yeah like a month ago i found the gameboy colour game.
I had a few laffs.
I finished it in like 1 week.
I once played YGO. I knew alot people who were older than me at the time, who had a lot of friends and got alot of pussy, but I don't think the first thing they said to a girl was "hey, wanna see my YGO card collection" either.
I got very tired of it, and I discovered stuff like guitar and more fun stuff. So, yeah.

I think I collected pokemon around ag 7-8 or something like that. Never played it though. YGO was later, but still in the "kid age" thingy :p
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
lol. knew a kid who had every card (most withdoubles or more) of every series of pokemon and ygo and every time a new deck came out his mum went and bought him it , well anyways he probably got to about 2500+ cards in mint condition
I don't play the game.
I have all the cards from 1 to 151. And some stars from the next series . 1 - 151 was the best.
152- 251 wasnt bad.
Then it just got gay.
I've made a few decks, but realized that the card game was boring. So now i just have the collection.
New cards suck I liked the original card design and everything else from way back then
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
God, I used to love Pokemon. I wasted all of my money on them, and still have all the shiny ones in a big collectors book. But I haven't played or bought new ones in years.

EDIT:
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Wtf is an Empoleon deck?

Its like a giant evil penguin thingy. It is of the water clan
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Last edited by silhouettica at Mar 11, 2008,
I used to...still have them somewhere in my closet. They were fun for a while, i never played them though, never really knew how, so i collected them, probably got more than 1000....

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I used to be into them until I was like 12, then I put 'em in the attic cuz they're lame. But I sold them quite recently for 200$
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
haha you suck you like pokemon cardz :
Alice in Chains, Days of the New, Tool, and The Meat Puppets... these are a few of my favorite things
i used to play. it was a lot of fun. i probably still would if some of my friends still played. i dont know how many cards i have.

i used to use a fire based deck. mostly Blaine's pokemon from the gym leader series with a few older fire cards thrown in. it was pretty good. i made a few others, like a psychic deck, but none were that great.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Wtf is an Empoleon deck?

Well I prefer the originals 1-151 and 152-256 too...
I've never played for a game card in my life, my one buddy would give me some of his cards and one or two good ones. I got hand outs by from everyone, then built one of the most awesome decks ever, did that with both pokemon and YGO, I still have my ygo cards somewhere..
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I never got into the Pokemon cards when I was a kid. In fact, I was like the only one in my 6th grade class that didn't have them.

But I used to play MTG when I was younger. Just among a few friends and my brother though.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you're doing.
Quote by Archaon
I never got into the Pokemon cards when I was a kid. In fact, I was like the only one in my 6th grade class that didn't have them.

But I used to play MTG when I was younger. Just among a few friends and my brother though.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you're doing.

This cannot be stressed enough. It's quite pathetic when people "rip" (is that what you cool kids say these days?) on other people for playing Pokemon TCG, Dungeons and Dragons, Warhammer... any of that kind of stuff.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
This cannot be stressed enough. It's quite pathetic when people "rip" (is that what you cool kids say these days?) on other people for playing Pokemon TCG, Dungeons and Dragons, Warhammer... any of that kind of stuff.

Yeah.

Ultimately, they're not hurting anyone. I'd much rather live in a world of "geeks" than a world of posers.
*revives thread*

Ok, I am going to share with you my new deck that I am going to run. I won't list every card as I haven't completed it yet, but I will show the general strategy.

Basically,

(Invalid img)

Get Empoleon out as soon as possible and start damaging their bench with Dual Splash. By this stage I will have hopefully filled my bench up with Piplups and Helix Fossils. This way Surf Together can be used to pwn the opponent's active Pokemon, however the deck is mainly centered about absolutely wrecking their bench. This should continue for a few turns.

The opponent starts evolving their benched Pokemon. Then...

(Invalid img)

Evolve a benched Omanyte into Omastar. The opponent must return the highest stage evolution card from each of their benched Pokemon to their hand. If there are any Pokemon which now have more damage on them than they have HP, they are knocked out.

Theoretically the opponent can just evolve their Pokemon again next turn, right?

(Invalid img)

Use Team Galactic's Wager. The opponent must shuffle their hand into their deck. Even if they win RPS and draw 6 cards, it is extremely unlikely that they will get all their evolutions back.

Then you continue the onslaught with Empoleon and continue setting up another Omanyte.

Pwned.
As stated in the other thread, I was a multi-tourney winner back in the day, and I ran an Alakazam/Chansey stall deck and a haymaker deck. Right now, I haven't been playing for a LONG time, but I have a Magic: The Gathering and a Yu-Gi-Oh deck, which are FaeRogue and Lightlord respectively. I'd love to get back into playing something competitively, but music's my love, and I've got a car to tax and insure this month.