Page 1 of 6
THE MOVIE IS COMPLETE! http://www.vimeo.com/1246741

Hey pit, im doing an advanced diploma in multimedia and graphic design and in one of my classes we have to make a movie, i decided on a zombie flick but i need that pits help...... what are 5 or 10 things that make a good zombie movie/you would like to see in a zombie movie?

- Cheers

EDIT: SCRIPT, TEST VIDS AND PICS ARE ON PAGE 7 AND 8
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Last edited by groll01 at Jun 29, 2008,
Over the top gore!
Black and white-ness

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
Zombies that run really fast, like dawn of the dead, running zombies are ****ing scary
The ending
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by нαиd of вlood
Over the top gore!
Black and white-ness

thats a given..... indy mogul ftw
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
PRIVELAGED

Watch 28 days later. Awesome movie. I love the whole atmosphere there, but I don't really know how to put it into words. Though, that might not be quite what you're after, and Evil Dead 2 is another classic, which is more easy to describe. LOTS of blood, borderline slapstick violence and a memorable catchphrase is all you need :]
-Zombies
-Zombies
-Zombies
-Zombies
and er
-Zombies

Yeah I think that covers it.

EDIT: What I really mean is there has to be lots of zombies forcing people into fast paced action constantly.
Last edited by Grundy0 at Mar 11, 2008,
Quote by webbtje
Atmosphere and creepiness > excessive gore.

Not in a zombie flick.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
thanks everyone.... what about plot stuff.... or cinematography?

- Cheers
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
PRIVELAGED

Quote by Dumbo
Zombies that run really fast, like dawn of the dead, running zombies are ****ing scary

No.

And you forgot to mention that it's the remake, not the original.

Guilty on two counts of FAIL.

As for TS..... does the world really need more badly-made amateur zombie flicks? Really?

OF COURSE!

Quote by groll01
what about plot stuff....

what are you talkin about?

Meh, just do a 'zomg the dead are rising' and have everyone get killed.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Last edited by raise_the_dead at Mar 11, 2008,
You need a chainsaw. And for extra realism, bu yourself a pig carcass. With guts and brain. Then your film will be proper zombie-tastic.
1, Zombies
2, Oversized weapons
3, Gore
4, A mall, large shop
5, Simon Pegg
random fast zombies, excessive gore, brain eating, dragging of a leg, enjoyable cinematic headshots, torn clothes, zombie babies,
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.
Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine!

plot: the black guy dies first.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Zombies don't have to be fast. If they're super strong and there's a huge amount of them it's just as good if not better.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by Zugunruhe

plot: the black guy dies first.

HAHAHA! Sig worthy!
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
PRIVELAGED

fast ones, slow ones, tall ones short ones, i'd still have to say the random super zombie is always fun
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.
^ good idea!
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
PRIVELAGED

Quote by JackalUK
1, Zombies
2, Oversized weapons
3, Gore
4, A mall, large shop
5, Simon Pegg

haha. yes. Simon Pegg MUST be in your zombie movie. It's like a requirement these days.

EDIT: *goes to put in Shaun of the Dead*

EDIT EDIT: Oh and Milla Jovovich should be in there too.
Last edited by USCpunk88 at Mar 11, 2008,
Quote by groll01
Hey pit, im doing an advanced diploma in multimedia and graphic design and in one of my classes we have to make a movie, i decided on a zombie flick but i need that pits help

Bad move.
Quote by groll01

...... what are 5 or 10 things that make a good zombie movie/you would like to see in a zombie movie?

In random order, I would like to see:

Superman, the KFC colonel, crazy Japanese people, Nokia handphones exploding, Stephen Hawking, Godzilla (yes, I know this is somewhat similar to number 3 in my list, but bear with me), and Bart Simpson.

That's about it.
Quote by JackalUK
1, Zombies
2, Oversized weapons
3, Gore
4, A mall, large shop
5, Simon Pegg

Win.

Also, a fellow Spinal Tap avatar! (though I had mine first)
1. Sharp weapons
2. Blunt weapons
3. Fast Moving Zombies to break the stereotype
4. Lots of Gore for example. people being ripped to pieces and ****
5. An unexpected ending that leaves you feeling like 'WTF?' but not like a really random ending something that makes logical sense and fits into the movie, nothing sudden.
Quote by Dead_edd
1. Sharp weapons
2. Blunt weapons
3. Fast Moving Zombies to break the stereotype
4. Lots of Gore for example. people being ripped to pieces and ****
5. An unexpected ending that leaves you feeling like 'WTF?' but not like a really random ending something that makes logical sense and fits into the movie, nothing sudden.

For the unexpected ending, I think that a camera crew and presenter should suddenly appear in shot and go "Smile, you're on Candid CamerAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGH!" as they get ripped apart by the zombies.
<-- Loves zombie movies

Study up on these classics if you haven't already:

Romero's Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead

John Russo's Return of the Living Dead 1 2 3

Lucio Fulci's Zombi 1 & 2

Also, check out these more modern ones for some other takes/styles of zombie films:
Resident Evil
Dawn of the Dead (Remake)
Planet Terror
28 Days & 28 Weeks Later
Shaun of the Dead

Personally I like a good bit of comic relief in my zombie movies, whether it be a funny one-liner or laughing because some douchebag gets his throat chomped or something.

Definitely have some sort of douchebag character, let him piss off the audience throughout the film, then kill him in a horrifying manner so we can laugh at his demise.

As far as direction/camerawork, see the above movies for some good examples of what works and what doesn't.

Let us know when you have something to show!
Quote by chillbeast

Yeah, I would like to see it when you get it done!
You need a Goblin*-esque synth soundtrack..

*Goblin were an Italian band who did soundtracks for Dario Argento and the Italian version of the original 'Dawn of The Dead' or Zombi as it was called in Italy.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
1. Alot of Zombies
2. Setting in the city
3. Love story line, but one of the people in love has to become a zombie, leaving the lead to make a hard decision.
4. New creative weapon (like a hockey stick with sharp edges)
5. A leader zombie. Like an ancient demon that summons the creatures. Maybe a good twist would be to think that if you kill him, the zombies stop, but once they kill him, the zombies continue.

EDIT: Fast moving zombies to break stereotype has been done. I'd just stick with slow moving ones. It makes it creepier in tight places (hallways, small rooms) and adds to the scenery.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first." - Samuel Langhornne Clemens
Last edited by soulphonate at Mar 11, 2008,
Zombies with guns.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
in the end chuck norris is the master of the zombies...he tought earth was akward so he wanted to repopulate it....
You're doing an advanced diploma in multimedia and graphic design, and you need the pits help? What kind of backwards world do we live in?!

Gore usually works.

You can look at 28 Days Later for inspiration, but remember they aren't zombies in that movie!
don't explain why they are zombies. its better if no one knows.

and if you feel you have to explain it, MAKE IT GOOD. DAMN GOOD.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Dark humor. Like in the new Dawn of the Dead, the part where the dude's picking off celebrity look-alike zombies...

Or in the original, the rednecks picking off zombies from lawn chairs in the back of their pickup trucks. That's good times.

Another one of my favorite zombie movies is Dead and Breakfast. The zombies ****ing line dance.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Quote by chillbeast
<-- Loves zombie movies

Study up on these classics if you haven't already:

Romero's Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead

John Russo's Return of the Living Dead 1 2 3

Lucio Fulci's Zombi 1 & 2

Also, check out these more modern ones for some other takes/styles of zombie films:
Resident Evil
Dawn of the Dead (Remake)
Planet Terror
28 Days & 28 Weeks Later
Shaun of the Dead

Personally I like a good bit of comic relief in my zombie movies, whether it be a funny one-liner or laughing because some douchebag gets his throat chomped or something.

Definitely have some sort of douchebag character, let him piss off the audience throughout the film, then kill him in a horrifying manner so we can laugh at his demise.

As far as direction/camerawork, see the above movies for some good examples of what works and what doesn't.

I like your style. Especially since you only mentioned the first Resident Evil movie, because the other two were garbage.

The rest of the list of modern movies, spot on!
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
the zombies cant be slow, make them really fast. show lots of blood and guts and all that sick ****...its all very interesting