Searched for a thread for these guys but didnt find one. Been one of my favorite bands for years. Not really a guitarists dream (well they are for me actually) but all in all they provide the beatdown. Some people consider them metalcore or whatever, but go listen to effin As I Lay Dying then throw in some AC and see if YOU can tell the difference.

myspace.com/theacaciastrain
Good band, my friend showed them to me, i downloaded one of their songs pretty badass, unfortunatly i missed when they came by here, oh well hopefully ill see them live at some point
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
They are awesome.

One of their guitarist left though.
=[

Their first album I would consider to be largely metalcore, and the same genre as bands like Recon.

But "The Dead Walk" is incredibly brutal sounding. Their sound got a lot thicker.

great band though
Quote by Brigand
They are awesome.

One of their guitarist left though.
=[

Their first album I would consider to be largely metalcore, and the same genre as bands like Recon.

But "The Dead Walk" is incredibly brutal sounding. Their sound got a lot thicker.

great band though

Because they downtuned even further than they did before.

G# is just a tad ridiculous. A# sounds better.
Dead Walk is in G#? Wow I didnt know they changed tuning. I wanna try going that low and see what it sounds like. I used to play in A# for a bit and it was beefy as balls. Wonder if theyre able to get intonation set properly in a tuning that low.

I agree about their first album being pretty metallic, but 3750 took them into a genre of their own if you ask me. Very unique style IMO, hard to put a label on it. Got even better with Dead Walk too, they dont sound like any other band.
Quote by ballsout
Dead Walk is in G#? Wow I didnt know they changed tuning. I wanna try going that low and see what it sounds like. I used to play in A# for a bit and it was beefy as balls. Wonder if theyre able to get intonation set properly in a tuning that low.

I agree about their first album being pretty metallic, but 3750 took them into a genre of their own if you ask me. Very unique style IMO, hard to put a label on it. Got even better with Dead Walk too, they dont sound like any other band.

there are alot of new bands popping up that have the same sound
Quote by andyq777
there are alot of new bands popping up that have the same sound

Emmure would be a good example
And Oblige.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Definately has been one of my favorites for quite some time now, seen them about... four times last year alone.

Last time I saw them in November they played two songs that they've written for there next CD that's gonna be out sometime later this year, both sounded pretty good, i'd consider it even better than the stuff off The Dead Walk.

Since you're obviously an Acacia fan have you ever checked out Cockpunch!, it's Vince from Acacias "joke" band, pretty funny saw them in a basement show, got a chance to chill with them for awhile and such.

Suprised no other threads about them exist.