I been learning to play a solo, and all the tones on the lower frets sound spot on until I get to the 18th fret, it sounds too high pitched compared to the original solo. Also my intonation is not a problem, so I dont know whats wrong.
if your intonation is fine on your guitar, than your playing the wrong fret.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Ner am playing the right fret, Ive checked the tabs on this website and am also using the original band score too.
What settings can you use on the amp or effects that can be used to make high pitched sounds, sound less high pitched?
Check the 17 and 19 frets see if they are the right notes.

What it might be is that 19th fret might be high. So if you are freting at the 18th note then the strng might be touching another fret.

make sure all the frets are level
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
yeah, if the fret is high then mashing the note at that fret will make the note sharp.

use a light touch or consider a fret redress.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I might have to take it to a pro then, carnt believe I spent so much money on an ESP and it still has faults.
well a high fret isnt the worst thing.

they might just tap it in with a light rubber hammer.

on a new guitar it's upsetting tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Do you have another guitar? maybe you should try it on that and see if it sounds the same.

or you could plug it into a tuner and see exactly how sharp the note you're playing is compared to what it's supposed to be to see if it's just in your head. here's a good, free tuner http://www.aptuner.com/cgi-bin/aptuner/apmain.html
Not sure if this really helps or weather it was just luck, but i had the same problem with the 14th fret on b, and after changing string gauge it sorted out, I wasnt intending to fix the problem by doing it, it just did, and yes id tried new strings before.
Was the difference really noticable? Also all the frets are level, so no high frets.

Quote by GenderConfusedJ
Not sure if this really helps or weather it was just luck, but i had the same problem with the 14th fret on b, and after changing string gauge it sorted out, I wasnt intending to fix the problem by doing it, it just did, and yes id tried new strings before.
Yeah the 14th and 15th frets were the same note

It`l obviously need intonating if you change them, which i tried before changing gauge, if anyone could explain if it was just luck, or it actually helps? I guess it would probably help and the tension and alls different.