I'm going to my local guitar shop today to buy a fender mim strat. They have it for $400, but I want to try and get it for as cheap as possible. Also, instead of the typical volume-tone-tone knobs, it has a volume-tone-volume set up which I imagine I can use to my advantage. What do you think I can do to get it cheaper, and how much cheaper?

Edit: just the knobs are wrong, not the actual wiring and set-up.
well, my guess is they wont move on the price, but in the past when I have bought guitars, I have usually negotiated a free gig bag, make sure it has new strings, maybe a couple of picks..and as for the knobs, a few dollars gets you a new one..

Let us know how you get on..!
Quote by rhcpjhlz
I'm going to my local guitar shop today to buy a fender mim strat. They have it for $400, but I want to try and get it for as cheap as possible. Also, instead of the typical volume-tone-tone knobs, it has a volume-tone-volume set up which I imagine I can use to my advantage. What do you think I can do to get it cheaper, and how much cheaper?

Edit: just the knobs are wrong, not the actual wiring and set-up.

There's a how to haggle thing in my blogs; just go to my profile>blogs>the bottom one (I believe)
You've read it, you can't un-read it!