So i see that the new blackheart model is coming out in europe on the 4th of april and I'm seriously thinking of getting one and using it for live work to replace my vox ad50.The question i have of course is do you reckon a 15 W valve amp would be able to keep in small-medium sized gigs un-miked or not?I'll still probably get it whatever 'cause its very affordable and a useful sound(hopefully!).
If you didn't want cleans and weren't at TOO big a gig, then yeah I suppose so. Don't expect cleans though unless you're mic'd up to a PA
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You can, believe it or not, get decent volume cleans out of these BH tubes.
Just... gasp... turn your guitar's volume down.
Most decent-sized gigs will have an in-house PA anyway.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
yeah im going to pick up a blackheart pretty soon too just to mess around with, they seem so far out and too good to be true.
Mind sharing some more info on the amp itself? I haven't heard of it before, and I am intruiged.
The Handsome Devil is basically the same as the Little Giant except I believe it has a master volume.

http://www.blackhearteng.com/bh15h.html
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
The Handsome Devil is basically the same as the Little Giant except I believe it has a master volume.

http://www.blackhearteng.com/bh15h.html

So there's no major differences in sound?

I tried googling it and looked through YouTube, but there are little hard information out there yet. No real clips, just people going through the specs on the site.
I would say there is, because you can saturate at lower volumes.
The tone will be different also because there is a different tube configuration.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
I would say there is, because you can saturate at lower volumes.
The tone will be different also because there is a different tube configuration.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of a sound sample.

The worst part about living Sweden is you can never try these cool products out; my two options are asking you guys or just ordering it for myself from Thomanns.
Yeh i'll order from thomann too (good deals and service although cant say the same for the delivery companies) id almost buy the amp just for its looks but if it sounds anything like the little giant only louder then I'm extra sold
Quote by lunchboxattacks
Yeh i'll order from thomann too (good deals and service although cant say the same for the delivery companies) id almost buy the amp just for its looks but if it sounds anything like the little giant only louder then I'm extra sold

Indeed.

I am interested in the Handsome Devil 15 Watt Combo myself.

I play some extreme music though; so I have a feeling it's not for me.
Well maybe its not right for extreme music but if it has a good tight bass response and good tone (which i crave) like its smaller counterparts then it could surprise you.
Quote by lunchboxattacks
Well maybe its not right for extreme music but if it has a good tight bass response and good tone (which i crave) like its smaller counterparts then it could surprise you.

I'm not into super extreme, like brutal death metal, so that sounds great!

I think I'm getting a pair of the new Blackout pickups too, so this is starting to sound like a sound purchase (pun intended).
I guessed that it would actually have SOME gain as opposed to overdrive with the addition of the gain knob?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yeh its supposed to have a presence knob too so there'll be at least some flexibility with tone but ill put pedals through it for live dirtiness with slightly broken up cleans that i can control with my volume knob although whether that'll be Achievable at gig volume un-miked we'll see if not then will have to mike up.
Im interested either. Im wondering if it'll handle hardcore-ish gain.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by loxer
Im interested either. Im wondering if it'll handle hardcore-ish gain.

We need a review of this amp.

The internet needs it.
Well a review would be lovely but I'm 99% sure the amp isn't even out yet so its not even been sent out to gear reviewers yet.Hopefully we'll see one towards the end of march.
Quote by lunchboxattacks
Well a review would be lovely but I'm 99% sure the amp isn't even out yet so its not even been sent out to gear reviewers yet.Hopefully we'll see one towards the end of march.

Oooh! I thought you owned one.

It didn't say it wasn't out yet anywhere on Thomanns either, so I was slightly confused.
If it's blackheart as we know and love, it will be mod friendly. So if you know you ways around a tube circuit, I think you can give it fender clean, or even cleaner.

As for me, I may get one to make it a Marshall 18w (which marshall should reissue to get into this market)
No well obviously i cant own one yet but if you do a search on thomann you will see it but it says that it will not arrive until April 4th so there ya go.I think its either that a laney vc15 or a peavey bandit 80w (new model) but i just do not want another solid state amplifier,i mean im only just coming out of four years of marshall mg50.
So is it loud enough for gigs, and playing with drumms? Pedals? I m thinking of buying one, please help me.