Page 1 of 2
I have for sale a guitar that was once owned by James Hetfield, it is an ESP EX-50, and has EMG 81+85 combo in it, which someone must of done for him. It has benn messed with but never really played, as I know the guy who got the guitar from James himself, there is a photo of him recieveing the guitar, but I will need to hunt it down , I am sad to be gettin rid of this guitar, but like the friend of mine i bought it off, i now have money troubles, obviously it is going to be a once in a lifetime thing to own this, so make me offers, upwards of AT LEAST £1500. pictures to be added as soon as i can get them to work.
If I can see proof of this maybe you could get a nice bit of money if its actually genuine.

But why would he have a EX-50 with more than likely the stock headstock on those guitars now when he has many custom models with the gibson lawsuit headstock?
i dont know, there is a photo, he used the guitar during some concerts on a DVD (i think, will need to check), which i cannot remember the name of, in which it was not graffitied by him, when my friend met him, he had jus been graffiting the guitar and wasnt happy with the outcome, was goin to throw it out but instead gave it to my friend
TS, you should understand that as you've only joined this month and are asking such a high price, some users may be prejudiced against you already. You'll need to provide a lot of proof (serial numbers, maybe photos of hard copy photos if the original was taken with a mechanical camera, photos of the guitar with something saying "ultimate-guitar.com" next to it, etc).

it aint bull, i am contacting esp to try and verify who bought it, or who it was given to, there is also signed and verifyed music of 'one'
a high price for something of this rarity? i dont think that is the case, I have had dealers interested, but they obviously want to pay less, and as i have only jus started to play the guitar, i have only just joined, i bought a jackson rr5 FR to learn on, and then have bought this afterwards from my friend because of the rarity
plus, blue_strat, thanks for the advice, some people jus have doubt from the first moment, and some help you on this type of thing, mayb you shouldn't judge before you know about what your looking at
If it wasn't played by Hetfield, then it is a very high price to be paying. And a tab of One signed by Metallica doesn't authenticate the guitar, only the tab.

^ The point here is to determine whether what we're looking at is what you say we're looking at.

Edit: Considering how little these things cost new:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPEX50
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ex-50/12872
Last edited by blue_strat at Mar 11, 2008,
i get that, and i am contacting esp about it and trying to dig out the photo of james giving the guitar to my friend, i will scan it once i find it and post it up, i also that people would be doubtful about the source of this guitar, but i am an honest sellar and thought that somewhere like this may find a better home for it rather than jus ebay'ing it and someone jus winning it
Ya seriously it looks like you're trying to get a pretty penny for nothing more then a few metallica autographs and a guitar that you sharpied and arent happy with.....
Quote by metallica-666
it is an ESP EX-50, and has EMG 81+85 combo in it

Like these?

Edit: Also, LTD was only set up in 1996, five years after the Black Album came out. I doubt that Hetfield has bought a guitar worth less than $1,000 since the 80's.
Last edited by blue_strat at Mar 11, 2008,
yeh the pickups r them without the covers, and am not entirely sure, but i mentioned above^^^ i am contacting esp to verify who the guitar was sold too, cos am starting to doubt myself now
Even if it was James Hetfields I very much doubt it's worth £1500, maybe £500, it's still a less than £300 guitar+being owned by James Hetfield isn't going to add that much value to anyone but the most retarded of Metallica fans. I find it extremely difficult to believe ESP/LTD would give him their cheapest EX series guitar. Also their not EMG's, as blue strat said, the covers don't come off. Got to admire you for attempting to blag it though
if you bought this guitar off your mate, its looking like he ripped u off.
I'm subscribing to this thread just to see what happens. I call BS on these shenanigans because I just don't believe a word a word of the TS's posts other than it being an EX50.

plus even if it was proven to be real you won't sell it here. things rarely get sold on here for more than £500. Your best bet would be ebay but you'd get laughed at on there too.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Yeah I doubt that with Hetfields massive explorer collection that he would even bother touching that thing, let alone play a gig with it..

At least it was an original effort, most people just say Eric Clapton played their guitars, it's nice to see someone elses name getting dropped to try and rip people off.
James Hetfield would never play such a cheap guitar. and LOL at "the pickups r them without the covers"
Quote by blue_strat
Like these?

Edit: Also, LTD was only set up in 1996, five years after the Black Album came out. I doubt that Hetfield has bought a guitar worth less than $1,000 since the 80's.

Actually, James does own an LTD F that he plays live.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
this thread is funny. i cant believe that this guy thinks we are all morons and would believe that this was owned by James. the only LTDs ive ever seen pics of him playing is the F series like posted above and i saw a pic of him playing a EC-400AT in gold.

and about the EMGs......wow. not only do the covers not come off but james doesnt even play the 81/85 combo. he plays the 81/60 combo.

Im loving this thread......
Quote by faultyy
Even if it was James Hetfields I very much doubt it's worth £1500, maybe £500, it's still a less than £300 guitar+being owned by James Hetfield isn't going to add that much value to anyone but the most retarded of Metallica fans. I find it extremely difficult to believe ESP/LTD would give him their cheapest EX series guitar. Also their not EMG's, as blue strat said, the covers don't come off. Got to admire you for attempting to blag it though

I agree 110% to this
Ridiculous.

*reported*
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by 3lusiv3
And who the hell would buy a Jackson RR5FR to learn on?!

I just noticed this. The RR5FR isn't even out yet. GG TS, GG.
I'll tell you what, since this blatantly isnt true, I'm looking for an EX50 body atm, I'll buy the body off you for £50.

EDIT: And plus I think its someone who's doodled on his guitar nd didnt like the end result I mean I doubt Jaymz himself would doodle on a guitar with tip ex
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Last edited by metallica_death at Mar 12, 2008,
Well for one. Hetfield would only have an EX- ___ with the lawsuit headstock. That doesnt have it. AND I HAVE NEVER seeing him use otherwise.

No emg's either. Hetfields main choice of PUP's bar a few guitars. They arent Emgs.

Just so many flaws TS. Your in your own little world..
PLUS, James wrote 'EET FUK' on his White ESPs and 'Fuk 'Em' All' on the black ones. And apart from anything else, he wrote those on stickers, not actually on the guitar.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
EMG 81 and 60 are twin blade humbuckers under the covers.

Way to phail scammalot.
Ibanez MTM2 (DiMarzio X2N/Paf Pro)
Ibanez JS600 (EMG 85/81)
Ibanez EW20AES
ESP LTD MV-200
Madison Divinity II
(2) Vader 2x12"
Korg Pitchblack
Ibanez TS-9
Boss NS-2
MXR-108
Roland GR-20
i've been on these forums for a while, and this has to be one of the saddest scam attempts i have ever seen.
lost and confused,
focused on the obscured.

(\__/) (`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ | ¸.·'´¸.·'´¸.·'´
(o.0 ) (´¨`·.¸¸~MoRBiDThOuGhTs~¸¸.·´¨`)
(> < ) (¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ | `'·.¸`'·.¸`'·.¸
lol u guys scared him off.

he should do some research before trying to scam ug.

the taking the covers off the emg's thing made me laugh.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
the taking the covers off the emg's thing made me laugh.

*Geek high-five*
Quote by metallica-666
i get that, and i am contacting esp about it and trying to dig out the photo of james giving the guitar to my friend, i will scan it once i find it and post it up, i also that people would be doubtful about the source of this guitar, but i am an honest sellar and thought that somewhere like this may find a better home for it rather than jus ebay'ing it and someone jus winning it

Well, how about posting the serial number so "potential" buyers can research for themselves? Man this is hilarious! I almost pissed myself laughing at this thread...

...by the way--Check out my EVH black and white Frankenstein for sale in another thread. It was made in Eddie's workshop when he was doing the Art Series. I'll have to contact Eddie about when he built it and I'll see if I can dig up a picture of Eddie giving it to me.
Damn... way to crap on his sell guys...
ESP M-II Deluxe
ESP LTD Deluxe MH-1000
Kramer Focus 1000
BC Rich Warlock NJ Series
Cordoba CE-C5
Boss GT-8
Crate BV150H for sale
Quote by AdrianLoureiro
Damn... way to crap on his sell guys...

...and I don't see any toilet paper close by!
Page 1 of 2