I was wondering what simple songs or simple techniques yall use that still impress... for example for some reason i do this thing on the high e that ive been doing for a while but most people are impressed by it.... its just something i started doing when i first learned hammer ons and pull offs... it goes like this..

12h15p12(x3)---9h11p9(x3) etc... just keep going up the neck using each usual fret inlay fret as a base and do it as many times as you like....
Blues noodling. If that doesn't work I just smash the guitar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
+1 to H4T3BR33D3R

Smashing guitars is simple but well impressive. Even more so if you do it over the head of a friend or family member!
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I just have to pluck an open string and the girls go crazy.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I kinda do what you do but i do 0h3h5 and just start at either E string and work my way through.
nice Tdevil put our two together... haha it almost forms something
Quote by mafropetee
I just have to pluck an open string and the girls go crazy.

To make the ladies go REALLY wild, why not try strumming all the strings open? They fu<king love it!! Works best on an out-of-tune guitar!
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
To make the ladies go REALLY wild, why not try strumming all the strings open? They fu<king love it!! Works best on an out-of-tune guitar!

Yes but I'd rather not do something that will make my ears cry tears of such sorrow.
lol im not talking about impressing only girls im just talking about people who generally dont know much or anything about guitar...
Well my Grandad pisses his pants when I play simple open position chords so that could be good.

But my Grandad is incontinent so.......
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by BGrem261
lol im not talking about impressing only girls im just talking about people who generally dont know much or anything about guitar...

Stairway?

I can't go ANYWHERE in public with my guitar without being asked to play that damn song. >.<
Yeah, in all seriousness people seem to love a bit of Stairway.

I receive a lot of requests for Whole Lotta Love from my mates
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
zeppelin seems to be popular just doing the riffs from Heartbreaker and Dazed and Confused and Good Time Bad Times impress some people...
My guitar friends and I have a pact, play "Stairway" in front of any one of us, and risk being beaten with the guitar. It's ok to play for a chick, providing that none of us are present... Period.

Blues riffs are pretty easy and impress more than they should, something about great tone...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
It seems like ANYTHING impresses people that don't know anything about guitar. You could play two chords and sing about pancakes.

Good tone adds a lot by itself, you can play pretty simple, unextraordinary stuff, if you have really good tone you can just hit a note and it will sound good.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I find sweeping impressive. I can't do it... but that's probably the reason.

I've been trying for so long.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Tapping, its simple and look (to the untrained person) like you should be a guitar virtuoso.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
put on heavy distirtion and then

G [----7-9h-10h--- and repeat with out 7 and then go down 2 frets.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
BTW... what is that tone that people like Petrucci use that is like... 0 heavy... it's like completely clean, and it has amazing sustain and gain and all that?
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Any fast playing.
Behind the head.
Teeth.
Getting in "the zone" where you simply do not control yourself it's as if your fingers are making love to the guitar.

Last time I was there (BTW I'm not a drug user ) I was just standin' playing a bit of guitar, next thing I know I'm on the floor with the sheet that covers the drums under me playing a lil' with my teeth. . .
That probably was somethin' to do with the stress relief I needed.
Finger picking three chords never hurts.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
Yeah, any EVH stuff usually gets everyone going crazy. OMG HEEZ TOTALLY NAWT USIN HIS PICKZ LOLOLOLOLOL KOOL NOISE.
Quote by Fryer Mike
BTW... what is that tone that people like Petrucci use that is like... 0 heavy... it's like completely clean, and it has amazing sustain and gain and all that?

$50.000+ of studio equipment.

In a nutshell.
Sweet Child O' Mine is still my friends' favourite request for me. Nice and easy to learn, very popular song and sounds great. Especially the end solo; surprisingly a lot easier than it sounds.

Try learning some simple rock licks, and pentatonic scales sound great too. Tremolo picking is simple but sounds epic if you play it properly (in rhythm etc).