I know i'll need a transmitter what else?
Im looking to broadcast random music, radio shows, and interviews with bands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynemo
"I can't believe you didn't dress up. You're the weirdest guy on this shift."
I said "I was gonna dress like your mom, but I didn't feel like growing a beard".
A microphone and a sweet awesome voice and/or catch phrase.
Alice in Chains, Days of the New, Tool, and The Meat Puppets... these are a few of my favorite things
cool, I know nothing of this but good luck to yea.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
That's such a cool idea.. seems nearly impossible though.
Thanks. Anyone know where i can get a an FM/AM Transmitter? hahaha
Quote:
I said "I was gonna dress like your mom, but I didn't feel like growing a beard".
Get a plank. You can make other radio stations walk it
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Google it. You can actually buy transmitters from other countries and have them shipped in. I've also found schematics and wiring for transmitters online; parts are easy to come by. I believe a transmitter, amplifier and a big antenna will do.
2004 Fender Mexican Fat Strat
2003 Epiphone SG-400
Marshall DSL-401
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter

http://www.myspace.com/realityfracture/
www.pirateradio.com

funny how the software to set up your own web radio station is called pirate radio
You'll want some sort of computer based sequencer/sampler/DAW/something software.... I'd reccomend setting up some VSTi's or Ableton live so you can trigger samples with a midi controller. You can also use it to do all your playlists/music storage etc
If you transmit with enough power for anyone beside your neighbor and you to hear, you will have the FCC knocking on your door. There are some serious fines for broadcasting on freqs of which your restricted from. Your best bet if your going to do it illegal is to look up online broadcasting. ShoutCast DSP and server is an excellent choice.

If you still choose to do it the regular antenna way, check out SAM broadcaster.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Quote by Grundy0
You're going to need a very deep/sexy/manly voice and one liners.

Got it.
And It's going to be set up in a very remote location near my town.
sooo..
No problem.
Quote:
Quote by keltonhicks
Got it.
And It's going to be set up in a very remote location near my town.
sooo..
No problem.

If anyone complains or notices interference with their radio or whatever, your in a lot of ****. You have to apply for a permit to broadcast. They do have ways of finding you. So your looking at fines for public broadcasting without a permit, plus playing illegal music. At least apply to be allowed on a certain AM freq range, and pay a common royalty fee. You can still say its all pirate and stuff, but keep it legal, for your sake.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
your idea sounds interesting, but listen to Ehh because IF you get caught, you'll be in serious trouble.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

You want to start your on PIRATE radio station, so you tell everyone on an internet forum... brilliant.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
Quote by Ehh
If anyone complains or notices interference with their radio or whatever, your in a lot of ****. You have to apply for a permit to broadcast. They do have ways of finding you. So your looking at fines for public broadcasting without a permit, plus playing illegal music. At least apply to be allowed on a certain AM freq range, and pay a common royalty fee. You can still say its all pirate and stuff, but keep it legal, for your sake.

Actually, not a bad idea.
THX
Quote: