Hey all,

Looking at purchasing a new amplifier. I have around 1500 dollars to play with (Canadian of course). What I'm looking for is a really tight and focused metal tone. Something akin to Randall amplifiers. Right now I'm looking at the Randall V2 but I might just cheap out and get a Randall RH150G3. As for guitars used, they'll be humbucker equipped guitars (obviously ).

Not looking for 5150/5150+/6505/6505+ amps.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If you want a decent Randall and want to cheap out, the RG50H is much better than the G3, just so you know. You could also look at those B-52 AT series amps. I've heard they're really good.
Engl's? with 1500 canadian?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Denthúl
You could also look at those B-52 AT series amps. I've heard they're really good.

They aren't
Quote by Gibson_Left
Have you looked in to Engl's yet?

Powerballs and Blackmores.

Too much moolah though.

B-52 amps aren't really available in my area.

The Randall RH50T is pretty cool but it's not quite what I'm looking for sonically.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Ah, okay. So what do you have available? Also, what's up with your Laney? I thought that could do metalish stuffs?
Quote by Denthúl
Ah, okay. So what do you have available? Also, what's up with your Laney? I thought that could do metalish stuffs?

We have ENGL amps, Mesa/Boogie, Marshall, Laney, Peavey, Ashdown...

The thing about my Laney is that it does metal really well, but I find my tastes deviating from the Laney sound. The Laney's drive isn't really as tight as I'd like it to be. It's much like a Peavey Triple XXX gain wise. Although they don't sound the same.

So therefore, I'm looking for a really dry, percussive and tight gain tones.

That means no Rectifiers.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Master Bait Her
whats wrong with them?? I was going to buy one.....

Eh, it's not that they're BAD, they just aren't that good. For the money you could get a better amp IMO.
Mabe a VHT Deliverance, 1 channel if you dont mind, there like the tightest amps I've tried

Nice new avatar btw
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
Mabe a VHT Deliverance, 1 channel if you dont mind, there like the tightest amps I've tried

Nice new avatar btw

Thanks.

I might look in to those but I'd have to find one and give it a whirl.

I might check out some Soldano amps too.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Thanks.

I might look in to those but I'd have to find one and give it a whirl.

I might check out some Soldano amps too.

Oh and Egnater amps are pretty nice, Looking into the Soldano Avenger? There not really as gain high as most amps listed, Youd probably need a nice OD with it

( Im gonna go to the guitar store tommorow morning, I'll PM you if i find anything nice)
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
Oh and Egnater amps are pretty nice, Looking into the Soldano Avenger? There not really as gain high as most amps listed, Youd probably need a nice OD with it

( Im gonna go to the guitar store tommorow morning, I'll PM you if i find anything nice)

I'm not really looking at gain so much as percussion so the Avenger's lack thereof gain isn't a problem.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
+1 on VHT and Soldano.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?