Poll: LBJ's potential over MJ?
Poll Options
View poll results: LBJ's potential over MJ?
Yes
13 50%
No
7 27%
He can be just as good, but not better.
6 23%
Voters: 26.
Couldn't find it on the search bar.

Do you guys think that, at this point, LeBron James has the potential to be better than Michael Jordan?

I personally do, and heres some stats.

Size helps in basketball, as LBJ is both taller, and stronger, adding to his inside game.
LBJ - 6'8'' 250lb
MJ - 6'6'' 210lb

5th season in the league statistics
LBJ - 30.8 points per game; 7.5 assists; 8.2 rebounds; .318 3pt percentage

MJ - 32.3 points per game; 7.9 assists; 8.0 rebounds; .276 3pt percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see they have very similar numbers, but I feel at this point in their respective careers, LeBron has the edge, simply because he is more versatile, and can play 4 out of the 5 positions. Not to mention Jordan had Scottie Pippen playing alongside him, and he is one of the most underrated players in the history of the game.
Opinions?
Alice in Chains, Days of the New, Tool, and The Meat Puppets... these are a few of my favorite things
Not a big basketball follower but from what I have observed....
yes. Lebron is the real deal
Lebron is great, and could go down as the best ever
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
im from chicago so

no

but he is really really amazing and extremely entertaining to watch and he might be better if he doesn't get cocky or start to relax
the best athletes are the ones who only care about sports and don't do anything else
same with guitarists
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
He needs a good wing man like Jordan had. He needs a Scottie Pippen to call his own. But yes, I think he could go down as the best.

EDIT: Didn't see that you already mentioned Pippen. And yes, Pippen is one of the most underrated.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first." - Samuel Langhornne Clemens
I though that the title said said LaBrie James' potential.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by soulphonate
He needs a good wing man like Jordan had. He needs a Scottie Pippen to call his own. But yes, I think he could go down as the best.

EDIT: Didn't see that you already mentioned Pippen. And yes, Pippen is one of the most underrated.

Exactly, considering when Jordan left, the following season Pippen led the bulls to the NBA finals.
Alice in Chains, Days of the New, Tool, and The Meat Puppets... these are a few of my favorite things
the only way lebron is better than jordan is lebron can lead the cavs to the finals, so far he hasn't been able to close out the deal
Definitely.

And I'm not one of Lebron's little fan boys. I was a huge critic of him before he was drafted.

But now that I've seen him play for real, I think he's going to be the best.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
There isn't anyone in the league who has as much speed and strength as LeBron. There are faster guys and stronger guys but nobody has that combo of both that he has.

MJ's legacy will be inflated by nostalgia. Yes, he was the best player on probably one of the best teams of all time, but you have to remember that team, when they won those finals, was awesome. The Cavs are, without LeBron, shockingly average. He's most of their offense. and although they got a lot better a couple weeks ago with that trade, I'm still not convinced that the Cavs are as good as Boston or Detroit, team-wise.

In the playoffs, we will learn. But for now I believe in the fat that LeBron is the man and has the potential to be even more "the man.." Plus, he's almost averaging a triple-double the last few weeks...put up 52 in a game last week, he's on a hot streak. When he cools down everyone will ask why he isn't producing, and Skip Bayless will hate on LeBron endlessly, then he'll get hot again and he'll be crowned King and saviour of the NBA, by everyone except Skip Bayless, who was quick to crown Sydney Crosby as hockey's lord & savior but for some reason hates on LeBron (in favor of... who? Dwayne Wade?)