I recently downloaded the amplitube demo to see how it was, when I try to use it I get a lot of noise anytime I try to play something even with a little distortion, I tried the guitar rig 3 demo too but got a lot of noise most of the time too... I'm plugged in through a 1/4'' to 3.5mm adapter, I even tried it with an art preamp but it didn't make any difference, I just had control over the volume from the preamp... I had a CRT monitor and thought that may be the problem, I switched it with a new LCD monitor but no no change, all my cables are fine I tried them with my amp and they are fine... I thought it could be my guitar but I get no noise from my cube amp, what could be the problem?

My PC is not that old Im using a P4 3.0,1 gig of ram, on board audio with ASIO4All drivers, my latency is 10ms

Thanks in advance
download green gate and use it as a noise gate (the built in one in amplitube isnt too good)
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
Thanks I'll give that a try when I get home
Just another little question I have a Cube 30 amp, would it be better to use the line out to play from the amp and then use the effects in guitar rig or amplitube to record?

I haven't tried this cube option, I feel pretty stupid now but I'll try it a little later when I'm home

When I plug my guitar directly through the 1/4'' to 3.5mm adapter and play without opening any of the 2 applications the sound is fine I don't get any noise it just sounds really dry that is why I want to use either guitar rig or amplitube but when I open any of those 2 I start getting the noise

I changed my headphones too... I just got a turtle beach headset so it is not the headphones that cause the noise
It's most likely your PC's sound card. Try opening up your sound control panel and turning any features like noise reduction etc. that effect the line in (which is where you should be plugged in).

A software noise gate might be able to help. You should look into buying an audio interface if you're serious about recording your music. Your PC sound card isn't made with the recording musician in mind.

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Yeah it probably is, I had just heard people say they could get good tones using ASIO4ALL and on-board audio but anything distorted sounds horrible, at least in my computer.

I should get one of this right?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829121120

to record and not have problems... I tried using my amp's line out and it worked better, I got some good tones and can use everything except distortion or amp heads, I can use the cabinets to change the sound and most of the effects in Guitar rig 3
I played with Amplitube 2 last night for a bit and mine did the same thing on my M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface. Here's what I did to fix. Open up your ASIO4ALL control panel and activate whatever soundcard/interface you're using. Open Amplitube and go to Settings > Audio Settings and make sure that ASIO is selected (as opposed to direct x). Choose your inputs and outputs below that and you should be set. This cleared it up for me.

DS
Made up statistic
I had it that way already with the ASIO4all settings, I'm thinking it might be just that area where I play when I'm next to the computer... I noticed that the guitar strings give me this little shocks when I touch them with my arm or right hand (I was playing with no shoes or socks) when I put my feet on top of the wood in my desk some noise goes away, If I touch the floor with my foot the noise comes back, and I noticed that if I touch my guitar cable from the part that is connected to my guitar some noise goes away too, Now I'm thinking that it might be that my guitar is not grounded properly... Thanks for the replies
Yeah it sounds like you have a grounding problem somewhere!
Made up statistic