What sort of EQ settings would be a good starting point for an indie/rock tone? My old amp wasn't so great so I never bothered EQing

Also my new amp has a button labeled IN/OUT EQ does this disable the EQ controlls on the amp or something?

Cheers
Yep - that button bypasses the EQ. Start off with everything flat, and try boosting the mids and treble slightly. What amp is it? An Ashdown?
I think the EQ in and out acts like an effects loop, in that it's before the power amp. Plug an EQ device into that and have a more flexible system.

As far as EQ advice goes, I wrote 2 blogs about EQing that should really, really help you.

EDIT: I misread your question - however, hooking up an EQ pedal to your effects loop would do the same thing.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Mar 11, 2008,
Quote by smb
Yep - that button bypasses the EQ. Start off with everything flat, and try boosting the mids and treble slightly. What amp is it? An Ashdown?

It's an ashdown MAG 300
Shoot for some mids and highs. Use a pick. Are you using a pick?
Quote by zonic

i do alot of chording (and i mean alot)
Quote by Ashbory4
Shoot for some mids and highs. Use a pick. Are you using a pick?

I mostly use fingers to be honest, I'm not very good at using a pick.