Hey,

I was practicing yesterday and my guitars input kept going funny. Every so often there would just be a hum when it was plugged in and then it would dissapear. Today it is doing nothing but humming when it's plugged in and it gets worse if I touch anything metal on it except the pots. It sounds like a loose wire but I'm not too sure. Any ideas?

I've checked the cables and the amp and they are fine
sounds like a ground wire.... might wanna check inside, maybe your input jack got twisted and broke the connection.
take the input out of the guitar. look make sure both wires are still connected. if you hand tightened that jack, it probably spun and a wire got ripped off.

get a soldering iron kit for $10 if you need to attach a wire.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011

^dont just tighten.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I've tightned the thing already and it didn't help, don't have a screwdriver handy here but that's probably the fault. I'll take a look at it when I can, cheers
i know, tightening it probably caused the problem so wait till you get a screwdriver and check that the wires are attached.

if they are, and you are sure they are not loose, then swap out ur guitar cable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

you wont get shocked.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

He might. But he won't feel anything at all.

(And no- I don't mean he'll get zapped dead right where he stands, smartypants.)
haha, maybe if he leaves a battery in there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

No battery in my guitar but I just got EMG's so there will be soon. The advice worked anyway, thanks