I just got a Fender Stratocaster HSS and I figure I am going to have to exchange the humbucker for something better. So, my question is what is a good humbucker for getting that Jimmy Page like tone. I know it is best to have a double HB guitar, but I was wondering if they had a humbucker by a company like Seymour Duncan and so on for this tone? Thanks for the responses.
What amp do you have and do you have any other guitars?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
im about to go buy a tube amp but for now i have any entry level fender it gets the job done for now but ya ive been due for an upgrade on that for over a year no other guitars anymore that is...
BGrem261 - I have a similar situation so I'll be following you. (New Guy needs HSS help). I've been seaching forums and Seymour's site. I'm not a pick up expert but I believe the P90 would require more guitar modifications then a pick up built more for a fender config. For examle, I am now looking at a Trembucker, which looks like it would fit better for those with standard or vintage non locking bridges.

Is this correct guys?