Okay I've not posted this in the amp or guitar thread as it's not do with PLAYING music as such, more the playing of others music.
Okay so a few minutes ago i had my laptop plugged into the input port of my amp (better speaker) and was using it to listen to music, it suddenly went a bit quiet so i unplugged it and went to plug my guitar in to check it out, as soon as i plugged my guitar lead in the music came back on, without the lead from my laptop to my amp being plugged in anywhere, if i touch both leads it comes on very loudly but i only touch the guitar lead and leave the other one hanging over the edge of my bed so it isn't touched me in anyway shape or form, i still get the music but quietly.
Why does this happen?
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why would you NOT scour the news for stories about incestual anal piping?
Cool, why would you want to stop it?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by fenderdude06
it's picking up soundwaves from the computer or something. you must have nice cables.

agreed.

its probably like how some amps pick up radio stations. just with your laptop
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Not nice cables actually, one is a £8.99 guitar lead and the other is a double ended 3.55mm jack cable someone gave me with an extender on the end so it'll match my amp socket, no reason to stop it, just wondering why it happens cos it's weird lol
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Is the laptop playing it without speakers? :s

EDIT; I'm confused because I can't quite get what you mean btw, any chance of a better worded explanation?
you have what we in the electronic business like to call...............

ghosts and faries

document this finding and sell it discovery channel
If it's doing what i think it's doing.... WIRELESS ****ING SPEAKERS! haha.
Quote by Jonjy2
Haha! You are awesome Bucketbotman!! Lolz!!

+100

I CAN PUT MY FOOT BEHIND MY HEAD!

Gear
Ibanez RG370DX special edition!
Tanglewood Oddessy Acoustic
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960's A slant cab
Fender 40W amp
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by bucketbot

Except for all the cables he mentioned, YOURE RIGHT

I know technically the cables aren't connecting the two, but it sounds like they're still playing an integral part in this whole set-up, without them there'd be nothing
Okay, here is my set up.
I have my laptop, my amplifier, a 3.55mm double ended lead and a 3m guitar lead.
I was originally playing music from the laptop through the amp using an adapter to let the lead work. Everything went quiet from the amp so i unplugged the cable and plugged in my guitar lead.
Note now that the lead connected to the laptop is not plugged into ANYTHING else, it is completely free. When my guitar lead is plugged in I can hear music through my amp but very quietly and the quality is bad, if i turn my amp up full and my EQ up fully then you can hear it better, if i grab the end of my guitar lead (metal bit that usually goes into your guitar) it gets better, if i then hold the free end of the 3.55mm lead in my other hand i get perfect quality, i can understand holding both because it would make the connection, but none of the other bits make sense.
Quote by Flying Couch

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by bucketbot

It would be in that they don't actually have to be connected, but if i don't connect them the quality is dreadful.
Quote by Flying Couch

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
THIS HAPPENED TO ME AND MY CORD AND AMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my amp was playing a news talkshow, i was like wtf, but at the same time it was cool. the next day nothing mappened
It's just picking it up from the computer.

If I take the headphones from my iPod and hold it up the pickups, it'll play throught the amp. Gets pretty nasty if you do it with distortion.
aaaaaah sweet, i'm sure i'll find a use for this eventually lol
NOTE: I just realised what you both said, my guitar is in no way involved, it is lying across the room with no power.
Quote by Flying Couch

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist