Hi i have a ibanez gax70, about 8 years old or so. The sound gets cut out once in a while, pretty sure it has something to do with the output jack. When i tighten the nut of the jack tight, no sound comes out whatsoever, but if i leave it a little loose, its fine. It weird, anyone have an idea of whats going on?? Think this is the right section to post this in..
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
That what you get when you are stingy with your gear. Throw the cable out and buy a new one.
yea, definitly try a new cable. if that doesnt work, take it to guitar center and have them look at the output jack
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Output jack. I'd put my money on that.

Unless you're a very beginner or poor as dirt, I'd never get a GAX. Ibanez makes better models for 300 that even I could save up for when I was really poor. Just take some time and invest in a good piece of gear. Besides - if you've been playing for 8 years, that's five years time to save for a better axe after your first three years, which should be played on a crapper haha.
well first thing that broke on y guitar was the jack, which i repaired ..well ...changed with one i bought (a mono jack u need for guitar just in case you dont know this detail, not trying to be a jerk like the guy before) but it would preferely bw to take you guitar to a store and have them to fix itgood luck
yea i picked up a new monster cable today already to try that out. I got it 8 years ago when i was a beginner and didn't know better
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
Quote by linknchuk
That what you get when you are stingy with your gear. Throw the cable out and buy a new one.

If changing how tight he has the output jack is really fixing it then it's not the cable. On the other hand, sometimes you can think it's adjusting the jack that fixes thing when in reality it's just the fact that you yanked the cable to unplug your guitar.

My guess is, the wiring on your output jack is starting to break. You need to take off and desolder your output jack. Clip the wires back about 1/4" and resolder it. It'll be fine after that.

Quote by rage6945
if that doesnt work, take it to guitar center and have them look at the output jack
Guitar center is the last place id take my guitar. You might as well give it to monkies with power tools.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Mar 11, 2008,
Quote by CorduroyEW
If changing how tight he has the output jack is really fixing it then it's not the cable. On the other hand, sometimes you can think it's adjusting the jack that fixes thing when in reality it's just the fact that you yanked the cable to unplug your guitar.

My guess is, the wiring on your output jack is starting to break. You need to take off and desolder your output jack. Clip the wires back about 1/4" and resolder it. It'll be fine after that.

Guitar center is the last place id take my guitar. You might as well give it to monkies with power tools.

I ended up opening it, one of the wires was really bare and was shorting with the other when i would turn the nut. Resoldered up and put some electrical tape on...so far so good
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino