Im looking for a new amp and I see all the bands with the 6505s and i love their tone. I knwo the bands use a whole bunch of other stuff with it but i like their tones. Ive been thinking of a 6505 combo because i dont need a half stack. Any comments or any info in these amps. Compare them to the stacks, will they sound the same? Thanks
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

The combo is not as loud as the head which is quite good because it's way too loud for normal use. Sad point is that the speaker built into the combo imo is not the best for the 6505 tone...
The combos need to be pushed passed 3 volume to start getting that growl 3 volume is very loud, I keep it at 4 with my drummer, but once past that sounds like teh sex
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
i just want the sound of a 5150 without the volume. I play with a band sometimes and jam a lot. can u get a 1x12 combo or is it just a 2x12 only. I love the 5150 sound is there any alternative? and recommendations
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

I don't think it's that much more quiet.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Change the speakers and it's great.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
How much can u get a 5150 combo for?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

used on the bay go for £400-£600. On US bay I believe they go for about $500-$700
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
is there any other amps that will give me the same sound? i want a good machine head, KSE or and bullet for my valentine. I love the thick harsh crunch. and recommendations? looking for a combo
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11