Hey all UG'ers
I was looking at an LTD Viper100fm the other day at the local guitar shop but I do not know enough about ESP + LTD It is used but in good condition and is being sold for $180.00 canadian.
Are these decent enough to gig with ? I am thinking maybe with a pick up swap??

I have several guitars already which include a Gibson Les Paul Classic. Hagstrom Swede. Some custom strat types and a Univox LP copy among others. I use a Fender FM65r or an Ampeg vt22 for Amps. I play mostly Classic and Hard Rock with some Sabbath and Metallica thrown in.

Any comments would be appreciated.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Hmm, LTD's below the 400-range generally aren't very good...

You can try it out, see how you like the feel and playability.
I tried it out Yesterday seemed to play well but nothing special.
The only reason I was thinking of getting it was (a) the price and (b) I wanted something like an SG but I donot like the basic Gibson shape and these are slightly diff looking.
I am only interested in Guitars that are suitable to play a show with now as I already have a couple of cheapies lying around.
What I really need to know is how well they are put together and will the toggle switch cut out after a ltttle bit of use.
I can swap out the pickups and electronics easily enough but if I have to do a complete overhaul to make it stage worthy then I don't want it.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09