Page 1 of 2
I'm looking to be moving away from home when I start uni. I'll be sharing the flat with my girlfriend and my best friend. Is it feasible for 3 students (hopefully) working part time to be able to afford a 2 bedroom flat, with rent between £400-£475 per month?

Just curious.
Haha, I may have to film all our flat based shennanigans. It's just we all really want to move out from our respective houses, and not be with strangers. Me and the girlfriend have known each other for about 3 years and have been going out for around 10 months, And the best friend has been my best friend for 10 years! So these are people I know and love, and that I know I'll get on well with.
You could easily pay the rent with the sitcom that will inevitably ensue.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']I work part time and I get along just fine by living in my £280/month apartment.

Thanks, I just needed a boost in faith. Been worrying about prices for a while now.
I'd love to do that, it sounds quality. As it is, I'm probalbly gonna be dumped in with a load of strangers in Uni halls.
*ponders*

No, no I couldn't. I'd ***** out my friend. He's one damn sexy asian.
He, he, he, eh, i suppose if i use the back door with my eyes closed i'll be none the wiser.
Quote by Icarus Lives
I wish I was you! I wish I could move in with my best friend and my girlfriend...I wish I had a girlfriend.

Here, have some pity.
I'm sure you'll get one someday...

Here's a hint...

try leaving the pit.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Sure it is, you'll be fine.

Btw, that setup sounds like sitcom material.
lol yeah! ure all going the same uni.. weird
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

No, we're not all going to the same uni. My best friend and girlfriend will be going to the same college but I'll be going to a diffrent uni.
Don't trust that setup. You'll be watching your back ALL the time, eh?

It happens...
Say for instance someone raped a virgin.
Can they also be charged for theft?
Mmmmm...... JD. I'm more of a vodka man myself though.

This thread has gone off topic, mhmmm. So, any stories of flat based student antics?
Quote by mh.666
...I'll be sharing the flat with my girlfriend and my best friend...

This will end badly.

You know this, right?

You might as well be telling me you're playing drunken catch with a loaded shotgun...

This is just a horrible, terrible, awful, utterly shitty idea. Good luck!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Icarus Lives

*swallows pity pill with a shot of JD*

Feel much better now.

DRINK RUM!
Quote by mh.666
Mmmmm...... JD. I'm more of a vodka man myself though.

This thread has gone off topic, mhmmm. So, any stories of flat based student antics?

Actually me too but I just said JD cus it's more traditional.

On topic: My best friend and I have already made plans to live together when we go to college (sounds very gay, I know) but he'll probably be the one with the girlfriend! You're a lucky man, TS. You're getting out there into the real world, becoming an independant man, good for you.
Quote by Icarus Lives
Actually me too but I just said JD cus it's more traditional.

On topic: My best friend and I have already made plans to live together when we go to college (sounds very gay, I know) but he'll probably be the one with the girlfriend! You're a lucky man, TS. You're getting out there into the real world, becoming an independant man, good for you.

Thanks. Good luck with your plans.
And Bubonic Chronic, why is it such a bad idea?
Your best friend will end up with your chick...
I highly doubt that, considering me and him have known her for the same amount of time.
Living with people is an education in how much people really care...

THEY DON'T!!

Not only will he bang your girlfriend, he'll do it on your bed.

And you'll probably wind up having to clean up the mess after they leave.

How do I know?

Trust me, I just know.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

yeah, i wouldn't trust my best friend with a chick i like.

KNowing him he would rape her and force me to watch, or help.
Quote by mh.666
I highly doubt that, considering me and him have known her for the same amount of time.

How does that make a difference?
It makes a diffrence as he has never seemed even remotely interested in her in that way. And to Bubonic, I trust my girlfriend and I trust my best friend. I love them both, and you must live quite a sad, lonely existence if you don't trust anyone.
Oh.

Good luck then?
Haha, thanks. I just really don't see him hitting on her. He always tells me who he 'likes', and what not. Also I don't see her ever accepting his advances if any were ever made.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
This will end badly.

You know this, right?

You might as well be telling me you're playing drunken catch with a loaded shotgun...

This is just a horrible, terrible, awful, utterly shitty idea. Good luck!

Heed this warning!

Living with someone completely changes your relationship with them, forever.

Best of luck, you'll need it.
I am the Infantry.
Page 1 of 2