2 20%
not great, not bad
7 70%
i wouldn't pay for it.
1 10%
absolute garbage.
0 0%
Voters: 10.
hey everybody: looking for some feedback for my band, Port Noise Complaint.we have 2 mp3's up there. we're looking for any comments, preferably constructive criticism. Some things i'm already aware of:
-in "funky song" (we really need some names for these) there is weird talking in the bridge. i know.
-the timing in funky song is off entering the chorus.
so, feel free to leave some comments, and please take the 5 seconds to do the poll. (hoping it works) thanks.
dont overload the mics when you record. like especially on that first song, the drums killed the mics, and use a metronome when doing guitars.
-GEAR-

-Ibanez SZ520
-Fender Standard Mexican Tele
-Specter Legend 4 Bass
AMPS
-Crate GLX212
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Fender BLX 220
Just to let you know, we didn't use mics for the instruments in any of those recordings... Thanks for the advice though.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
were the drums a drum machine? if not how did you record them?
-GEAR-

-Ibanez SZ520
-Fender Standard Mexican Tele
-Specter Legend 4 Bass
AMPS
-Crate GLX212
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Fender BLX 220
actually, they were a preset from a gnx3000. and we recorded guitars direct through that.
actually, quite recently we've moved to miking amps. we still dont have a recording with actual drums in it, despite the fact that we've managed to find a drummer. i think thats probably on our to do list (assuming we have one).
I was going to say it sounds really digital and harsh, but thats only because of the workstation.

The music is good quality stuff though.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
yeah we actually made another demo , still with the recorded drums but with miking the guitars and the sound quality is definetely waaaay better (as you'd expect). the only thing is we cant put it up because its in the wrong format (still working on that though).