basically the story is this. i thought i blew my amp the other day at practice... but after close inspection i realized that all the nasty muffle and rasp is coming from my effects unit. i have a zoom 606 multi effects all in one thing. its always been great. i was playing on a 30 watt amp pretty loud (playing with drums). is this the reason it has broken? or could it just be faulty? also it looks like im gonna be buying a new effects processor.. any suggestions would be great! i play metal and i need a balls to the walls tone (either an analog unit or a good multi-fx unit will do)
I had the same issue with my original RP100 digitech.... wow that was a long time ago......
Essentially, the power adapter wasn't working properly ..... and voila, gross, obscenely loud noise.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
if you want a good multi... the utopia prophecy or something among those lines is great and only two hundred...

if you want a distortion pedal then i need to know what amp you have
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
im sad to say i have a spider II. but im going to be upgrading after september to something loud enough for small gigs etc

edit: i found the rocktron utopia on musiciansfriend. looks pretty good
Last edited by clit eastwood at Mar 11, 2008,
^thats what its called... but i would upgrade the amp first, then replace your pedal
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
well pedal has to come first so i at least have some tone on what i got. il be buying a new amp in the summer so thats not too far away