Page 1 of 2
I'm not sure if this should be in the drugs thread or not, but I was wondering, what is the appeal in taking illicit drugs.

I'm not trying to go on a rampage or anything I just want some honest answers so please no flaming
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Hallucinogenics are mind opening. Changed my life
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by Steve The Plank
cuz it's cool innit

See that's the thing, I want to know why you think its cool

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by bob farrell
Hallucinogenics are mind opening. Changed my life

really? elaborate...
and yeah drugs thread is probably the place to be heading
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Makes me look well 'ard when I do

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Because they alter your perception or make you feel good or "high".

This was the dumbest question ever.

But why do you want them to alter your perception?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
My mate has gone onto drugs n **** lately.

Seems to me he started because its what all the cool people who, in his opinion, have "made it" did. Like Pete Doherty.
Quote by Boogie Man
But why do you want them to alter your perception?

Do you like feeling good and careless?
D:
Signature.
Quote by will123456789
really? elaborate...
and yeah drugs thread is probably the place to be heading

I saw what i thought at the time was God himself. It just is an experience that is unforgetable, makes everything seem unreal, i just started questionning my own existence, saw the bigger picture. Salvia Divinorum 15x. Its legal too.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Quote by Steve The Plank
dont make me deck ya

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Its life changing. It opened me up to see things differently, to understand how other people percieve me. I believe all the natural drugs that come from earth are meant to be used to open ourselves up to a world we can't see on our own. Each drug releases a constricted amount of information to the brain, ie., weed opens up your thought processes and allows you to think deeper than you normally would. It enhances your ability to taste. Hallucinogens allow you to see things that you couldnt see normally. Your mind only lets in only enough information you need to survive. Drugs let in more of that information to your mind, allowing you to experience out of normal things.

Thats just what i think though...
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
I had a dream last night I was on Weed, it was cool
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by RiseAgainst
Its life changing. It opened me up to see things differently, to understand how other people percieve me. I believe all the natural drugs that come from earth are meant to be used to open ourselves up to a world we can't see on our own. Each drug releases a constricted amount of information to the brain, ie., weed opens up your thought processes and allows you to think deeper than you normally would. It enhances your ability to taste. Hallucinogens allow you to see things that you couldnt see normally. Your mind only lets in only enough information you need to survive. Drugs let in more of that information to your mind, allowing you to experience out of normal things.

Thats just what i think though...

Totally true. Have you tried Dimethyltryptamine? Its the daddy of all natural Hallucinogems apparently, i really wanna try it
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Quote by Boogie Man
I'm not sure if this should be in the drugs thread or not, but I was wondering, what is the appeal in taking illicit drugs.

People who use or at least try drugs are living life to the fullest. You can't say you've truly lived if you refuse to try psychoactive drugs.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by bob farrell
I saw what i thought at the time was God himself. It just is an experience that is unforgetable, makes everything seem unreal, i just started questionning my own existence, saw the bigger picture. Salvia Divinorum 15x. Its legal too.

Salvia 40x, turned me into a bridge with a village of people underneath me. When i sat up i was breaking there bridge and they were all sad, and it made me feel horrible (sounds odd i know) but it made me realize that i am not here to just do what i want, that i affect other people. It was kinda a bad trip, but a good experience
Quote by WaggyPlank
LSD made me see that I was actually the King/God of a society of people on a planet 500 billion light years away; They're very nice people, the cuisine kind of reminds me of Italian food.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by Muphin
People who use or at least try drugs are living life to the fullest. You can't say you've truly lived if you refuse to try psychoactive drugs.

But alchohol has an effect on the mind as well, the main thing I'm trying to find out is what is the appeal in going to all the extra effort and possible danger to obtain illicit drugs.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by bob farrell
Totally true. Have you tried Dimethyltryptamine? Its the daddy of all natural Hallucinogems apparently, i really wanna try it

No i haven't. The only Psychadellic i've tried was Salvia, though i'm trying to get ahold of some shrooms and/or acid. I'd like to smoke peyote.
Quote by WaggyPlank
Quote by Boogie Man
But alchohol has an effect on the mind as well, the main thing I'm trying to find out is what is the appeal in going to all the extra effort and possible danger to obtain illicit drugs.

Seriously, we're going to have difficulty telling you. You'll just have to find out for yourself.
D:
Signature.
Quote by Boogie Man

Different drugs have different chemicals with illicit different reactions.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by Atomic48
Seriously, we're going to have difficulty telling you. You'll just have to find out for yourself.

The thing is I don't really want to try them, hence I was asking

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
but ehm
drugs are bad, mmmkay?

no seriously: the dumb things done when on drugs...
1 night of weed (and some alcohol) ==> lots of damage to be paid for by 3 guys (of whom 1 was a minor, so he's lucky this won't get on his permanent record).
And don't think of telling me they're plain stupid, cause they really aren't
Quote by Boogie Man

Different substances have different affects. Alchohol makes you stupid. It is a manmade substance, so to me its something not here that your "supposed" to experience in mind alteration. Though i still do haha. If you've never taken drugs and only drank, your missing out on an actual experience. I drink to basically just get drunk, or relieve stress. To feel i bit stupid. I take drugs to expand my mind, to understand things from a different perspective.
Quote by WaggyPlank
Quote by Boogie Man

Then you'll never know.
D:
Signature.
Quote by RiseAgainst
No i haven't. The only Psychadellic i've tried was Salvia, though i'm trying to get ahold of some shrooms and/or acid. I'd like to smoke peyote.

Yeah id like to try mescaline and fly agaric. Apparently DMT can be derived from certain reeds with some fairly easily obtainable substances. I plan to try and make some in the future. The accounts ive heard of people who try it all seem point towards magical entities, or 'elves', its strange alot of people have said the same thing so id really like to try it and see for myself.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Quote by Boogie Man

I'm the same.
My main reason for not wanting to try them is that everyone seems to act like complete dicks on drugs. From what I've seen anyway, and to be fair, I'm not actually sure what drugs they are.
Quote by Boogie Man

So why do you care!?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by RiseAgainst
Different substances have different affects. Alchohol makes you stupid. It is a manmade substance, so to me its something not here that your "supposed" to experience in mind alteration. Though i still do haha. If you've never taken drugs and only drank, your missing out on an actual experience. I drink to basically just get drunk, or relieve stress. To feel i bit stupid. I take drugs to expand my mind, to understand things from a different perspective.

See, so far in my life the most alchohol I've ever drunk was 3 beers in one night, not because I am a tight arse git or anything but because I'm four years under age and at this point can't even see a reason to get drunk.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
So why do you care!?

I for one think it would be interesting to hear why peope do it. I like psychological stuff like this.
Have an open mind man. I was such a tightass about everything before i first got high. After that i became more relaxed and understanding. More open minded. But not at all lazy or anything.
Quote by WaggyPlank
If you like psychological stuff, do some drugs haha. I'd stick with natural stuff. Synthetic drugs can be pretty addicting, with some exceptions.

And if you dont see a reason in getting drunk, thats fine. I'm the same way, if people ask me to go get drunk and i dont feel like it, i just wont. But drugs, if used in moderation, are totally different than drinking.

Edit: I'm 19 now, and didnt get high until a little over a year ago. The first time i got drunk was last May. So i can see that if you dont want to get drunk thats fine, but i finally just became open about drinking and drug use, and stopped being so against it unless i tried it. And i'm glad i've tried the things i have because i feel like i'm experiencing new things, instead of the same thing over and over each day. Looking at things the same way without ever seeing a new point of view, or feeling a new feeling.
Quote by WaggyPlank
Last edited by RiseAgainst at Mar 11, 2008,
Quote by RiseAgainst
If you like psychological stuff, do some drugs haha. I'd stick with natural stuff. Synthetic drugs can be pretty addicting, with some exceptions.

And if you dont see a reason in getting drunk, thats fine. I'm the same way, if people ask me to go get drunk and i dont feel like it, i just wont. But drugs, if used in moderation, are totally different than drinking.

Why are they different from drinking, their both drugs that may or may not have damaging qualities depending on the frequency and intensity of use, also they could have positive effects, like the antioxidants in red wine.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
you obviously haven't tried them.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Page 1 of 2