How violent would the crowd be in general. Of course there will be most pits, but if you just want to listen to the music with the crowd, would it be rough? Would the whole thing be a big pit?

I'm thinking of going with my friend (a really skinny girl) and I dunno if she will get hurt.

Thanks.
my mum likes dimmu borgir, we saw em at download. the crowd was fairly tame, but everyone was so packed together that it was impossible to move anyway, lol.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
saw children of bodom last weekend, about 75% of the floor area was a mosh pit. there were some 'safe' areas at the sides and up in the stands though. i cant say about behemoth, but i would expect dimmu borgir to be worse... no dont take a skinnie girl unless she has body armour on
Even if you stay out of the pits the crowd is ALWAYS swaying back and forth side to side and you have to move all the time.. Up front thats how it was for me.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
erm... have fun
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by tr3nt
Even if you stay out of the pits the crowd is ALWAYS swaying back and forth side to side and you have to move all the time.. Up front thats how it was for me.

Up at the front this will happen. If you hang furthur towards the back it shouldn't be so bad.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Shouldnt imagine it'll be that bad during Dimmu, might be a diff story in Behemoth though

Also, let her make her own mind up, if she wants to go, who are you to stop her? Her dad?
Lucky man, I love Dimmu. Not big on behemoth though. I wouldn't suggest bringing someone who couldn't hold there own in a pit to any metal gig.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Last time I saw Behemoth, I swear to **** I practically died in the pit during Slaves Shall Serve. I am not a small, skinny, n00b concert-goer either. But Dimmu, not sure, never seen them, but I am going to, with Behemoth In Toronto though
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Who cares if it's violent? It just adds to the music.

If you're worried about your friend, just stay at the back or sides.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It will be like any other metal show. If you are with the crowd and away from the pit, you should be fine.
Dimmu is pretty well trendy now, not to say they don't deserve it...great band!

Two ways a good metal band can go, either go to shit or eventually just catch on for being awesome...

And Dimmu is quite bad ass. So, my friend, you've got yourself a relatively tame crowd there.

As for Behemoth?

Well, you might experience a bit of pressure, but I wouldn't worry too much.

I saw Cannibal Corpse one night and ran into two friends there, both girls. They just went because they dug the Corpse, no boyfriends involved or anything.

They were fine.

I'd say the black metal is probably a bit more tame because of the younger crowd. I'd honestly be more worried about a Slayer pit - tattooed 40-somethings with divorces pending...

Yah, look out!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Stick to the edges... you will be fine.

Believe me. I am a little girl (five foot tall, about 100lbs) and have been to both a Dimmu concert and a Behemoth show, plus too many more to remember. I am 23 now, so that's is like 8 years experience with being a little girl at metal shows.

keep this in mind:

-she can probably get right in next to the pit and shove people around if she's up for that.
eventually she may end up getting in the pit a bit, and if she falls remember this... most people will help. guys will help guys, and guys will help girls even faster.

-when there seems to be a longer than normal pause between songs, start heading for the walls. you probably won't need to go all the way to the edge, but be prepared for the big "everybody move" song that gets the pits really going, because this makes the pit 2x - 5x larger.

-other than that keep an eye out for limbs coming from around and above. not only do big heavy dudes like to stick boots in your face as they're crowd surfing, hardcore douches like to beat the **** out of the air while punching and roundhouse kicking nothing but whoever gets in the way. but since this is a metal show, dudes with long hair and wife beater shirts will come and shove them away.

have fun, bring water(leave some in car or locker, some places don't allow you to bring ****) and don't forget the special treats (keep em small and outta "patdown" areas, like in shoes.
Quote by poopsmith666
Last time I saw Behemoth, I swear to **** I practically died in the pit during Slaves Shall Serve. I am not a small, skinny, n00b concert-goer either. But Dimmu, not sure, never seen them, but I am going to, with Behemoth In Toronto though

I'll see you there , I'm getting in for free cause me and my girlfriend are one the Inertia street team, we just hand out flyers after the show and we get in no problem.

On topic, TS, it shouldn't be that bad, I don't know how it is where you live, but here in Toronto there's usually someone that'll look out for girls, or someone who is clearly suffering, I havent had much problems in Mosh Pits, except for Lamb of God, Dimmu last year wasn't so bad, Behemoth was somewhat Brutal, I could even Handle Slayer when I saw them at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Lamb of God was really brutal, some girl almost suffocated and died in front of me in the pit. Ending the run-on sentence now. Your friend shouldn't have much of a problem provided she can stand a little bit of pressure, and the pit usually surrounds the stage, so if you stand back a bit, you can just chill without worrying about getting murdernated by the moshers.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
From my experience, dont expect much from Dimmu Borgir. But when I saw Behemoth there WAS blood in the crowd. It was great.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Meh, I've never had anything happen to me besides getting kicked in the jaw by a crowdsurfer. Then again I'm a larger than average (height and weight) guy.

Just stick towards the back/sides, and you should be alright.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Generally at any show you can avoid any trouble and pits if you actually try to, with ease. Any decent person who realises you don't want to be involved will help you out in any way they can. The only real exception I can think of would be a Slayer show, because people at Slayer shows are idiots.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Thornography
How violent would the crowd be in general. Of course there will be most pits, but if you just want to listen to the music with the crowd, would it be rough? Would the whole thing be a big pit?

I'm thinking of going with my friend (a really skinny girl) and I dunno if she will get hurt.

Thanks.

I'm going to the show in Toronto, it should be un-****ing-believable. I love Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth. Keep of Kalessin (sp?) is... meh... But still!

You should be fine though Just like at all shows, there are the pits for those brave and monstrous enough to go into, and then there are a lot of people who just go for the music. I used to mosh, but I can't anymore because of my front tooth Had a crown in that just got taken out and replaced with another fake sort of tooth that I can't afford to lose.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Dimmu is pretty well trendy now, not to say they don't deserve it...great band!

Two ways a good metal band can go, either go to shit or eventually just catch on for being awesome...

And Dimmu is quite bad ass. So, my friend, you've got yourself a relatively tame crowd there.

As for Behemoth?

Well, you might experience a bit of pressure, but I wouldn't worry too much.

I saw Cannibal Corpse one night and ran into two friends there, both girls. They just went because they dug the Corpse, no boyfriends involved or anything.

They were fine.

I'd say the black metal is probably a bit more tame because of the younger crowd. I'd honestly be more worried about a Slayer pit - tattooed 40-somethings with divorces pending...

Yah, look out!

Ha, the thing is, you're right. I went to a Slayer show back in August and it was insane. Big, bald, tattooed, biker-esque guys all running at you as fast a s they can and pushing and just going crazy. Good times.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ