Hey guys. A while back I was talking about buying my own Ibanez GSR205. But I wasn't sure on bass. Good news is I love bass and I have the Bass! And I love it to bits.

But I have a question I recentlt restring the bass myself and (eventually) sussed it. I tuned it back into standard BEADG and it's been sound great...except for one thing...

The B string is near enough touching the top fret causing a pretty noticeable rattle/buzz and occasionally the other strings do so.

I know there is suppose to be some looseness in the bigger strings for slapping etc... But I barely need to touch the string without it rattling and touching the top fret.

Is this normal? If not, how do I fix it?

Thanks for reading guys!

Kenny.
raise the saddle on that string, if you are really unsure of what you are doing (which seems to be the case) take it to your local store and they'll sort out the problem.

if you want to attempt this yourself then your problem is the action is too low on the B string

to remedy this problem you have to raise the saddle of the b string at the bridge until its at a comfortable height without touching causing the fret buzz
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
raise the saddle on that string, if you are really unsure of what you are doing (which seems to be the case) take it to your local store and they'll sort out the problem.

if you want to attempt this yourself then your problem is the action is too low on the B string

to remedy this problem you have to raise the saddle of the b string at the bridge until its at a comfortable height without touching causing the fret buzz

I know that you mean I have to raise the small gauge thing on the bottom on the B String.

But how do I raise it? Do I need a small key or something to adjust it higher?

(I guess it was that from studying the P Bass I borrowed but I didn't wanna touch anything until I was sure)

Thanks for the help.
you should have been given a small allen key with the bass for it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Aaaah an Allen key. My Dad'll have one somewhere that should fit.

But the bass is second hand. I got it from a friend. Thanks for the help! ^_^

Now if you could just recommend a song to help with my changing strings progression (it's ok right now but needs alot of work) then I'd be your best friend =D Haha.
^^ Death - Spirit Crusher
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.