Try picking up a vintage big muff on ebay and you can have the real thing.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Try picking up a vintage big muff on ebay and you can have the real thing.

twice as much though
MMMM

Can you give me an example of a couple of bands your going for TBH, I don't know to much what a vintage muff sounds like, except w/ Pink Floyd.

I personally prefer th big muff, because its a bit more fluid IMO and if you want a crunchy and ballsy one check out the double muff.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Look around on eBay for the green Sovtec muffs. They're pretty much identical to the vintage, I think...
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
If you want pumpkins tone I would recommend a regular big muff. Wulver speaks the truth though, that's what I meant by Vintage on ebay and I don't think they're double the price.
Quote by doggy_hat
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
If you want pumpkins tone I would recommend a regular big muff. Wulver speaks the truth though, that's what I meant by Vintage on ebay and I don't think they're double the price.

Yeah I just have the NY made Big Muff Pi and it can get that tone just fine. I've heard that the vintage ones are less consistent with tone than they are now. Apparently back then they switched the components around a lot so a lot of them sound different from each other. Don't quote me on that though.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Mr. Corgan uses a Green Muff himself. Out of all the Muffs, I'd probably take a Green one, or the American Ram's head one.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Acquiescence
but it def seems in this vid that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wrq9o_tw48

the little big muff pi has a more aggressive, darker sound...... better tone to my ear

If that's the one you prefer go for it. It's not my money, or my ear.
Quote by doggy_hat