OK...I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half now, and I can play fine and read tabs and i know all the basic chords. Now I'm wondering...What the hell should I do now? Can someone please refer me to some exercises that would help improve my technique and playing abilities?
Quote by domino_92
OK...I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half now, and I can play fine and read tabs and i know all the basic chords. Now I'm wondering...What the hell should I do now? Can someone please refer me to some exercises that would help improve my technique and playing abilities?

do scales.
chords are easy, applying them to a song is more difficult than what it seems..
Gear:

Epiphone les paul standard
Peavey Bandit 112
Dunlop Cry-Baby
just quit... its seems that youve reached your maximum guitar playing potential...
you should start practicing ear training. try playing along to some of your cds that you think aren't to hard to play, to get a feel for song structure and style. Also try making up some of your own songs with the chords that you know and practice the pentatonic and blues scales.
Quote by Big Floyd
just quit... its seems that youve reached your maximum guitar playing potential...

lol
I second the comment that you should start training your ears.

This is a difficult but tremendously rewarding process...

It will keep you busy for awhile.
Quote by Big Floyd

tending to agree just a bit, you might want to quit on a high note.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte