Currently I play on a Ibanez RG1527 with EMG 81-7/60-7 pups and a SpiderValve 1x12 combo. It sounds pretty decent but wh4en cranked it seem to loose that sizzle sound, the gain I guess. I'm looking to get a sound similar to Machine Head Blackening album. Any advice would be cool thanks.
Play around with your Spider Valve. Turn down the gain when you turn the volume up. You'd have to be able to get something similar on a Spider Valve. It's a damn modeling amp for goodness sake!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I guess the gain is the presence knob on it, I guess Ill mess with it when I go to practice tomorrow. Eventually I wanna upgrade to a Peavey combo or something.
Quote by innerself86
I guess the gain is the presence knob on it, I guess Ill mess with it when I go to practice tomorrow. Eventually I wanna upgrade to a Peavey combo or something.

The gain is the drive knob.

Are you sure it's a Spider Valve and not a Spider III or something?

Which Peavey combo were you looking at?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The gain is the drive knob.

Are you sure it's a Spider Valve and not a Spider III or something?

Which Peavey combo were you looking at?

Yeah, its a Spider Valve. I was looking at the ValveKing or 6505 combos. I also tried the JSX combo and it sounds pretty decent.
I think Im going to go fr a Peavey JSX head with a Marshall 2x12 cab. I played a JSX half stack at Guitar Center the other day (brought in my RG1527 to try it out) and it sounded sick!