Page 1 of 2
Did you know that Kurt Cobain was featured on the cover years ago, and he was holding a gun?? They tabbed Dragonforce Through the Fire and Flames, not as epic as I thought it would be. Did you guys get your yet? Also, who got that new Guitar Legends with Randy Rhoads? Is that a good one or what?
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Did you know that Kurt Cobain was featured on the cover years ago, and he was holding a gun?? They tabbed Dragonforce Through the Fire and Flames, not as epic as I thought it would be. Did you guys get your yet? Also, who got that new Guitar Legends with Randy Rhoads? Is that a good one or what?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOL5cpwTkes

I guess he found one somewhere.
I don't order Guitar World.

Is it a good issue? I've only read a few in my life, and they were pretty good.

I might sign up for it when I get a job and can afford it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I've though about getting it, but I despise EVH and his son looks like a tool, and as much as i love nirvana, why the **** was that relevant?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
I've though about getting it, but I despise EVH and his son looks like a tool, and as much as i love nirvana, why the **** was that relevant?

Thats the April issue, the 300th is May. And Yeah, in the interview for the April one, EVH's son comes off as kind of a prick.
Be cool.
Quote by Chris.Rock.Art
They tabed through the fires and flames and yet no one can play it fine

Pffft, not even Herman Li can play it. Don't even get me started on the other guitarist...
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051

they tabbed it awhile back in their giganatour issue.
they wasted 18 ****ing pages on Herman Lee and his gang of nerdy idiots.
unbelievable.
im cancelling my subscription.
Quote by dannay
unbelievable.

Wow, the French give up on everything don't they...Ohh dirty. Seriously though, don't cancel it because of that. It is a good magazine with good lessons when they don't have special issues like this one.
Be cool.
The tab was only a radio edit, the real song is 3 minutes longer. They left out so much of the song. I'm no Dragonforce fan, but I still want to learn a few licks from it to push in assholess' faces that get 100% on it in GH3.

I'm kind of glad I'm only getting one more issue next month before my subscription ends. I was pissed off enough when GuitarOne cancelled the CDs, then cancelled the mag, then gave me GW without the CDs.
Quote by dannay
unbelievable.

hahaha!!!
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Good issue. I like the TFAF tab, but its easy to get lost in there...

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
---------------------------
The only good thing about this issue was that Billy Corgan was in it two or three times. There should have been more on Green Day.

Edit: The issue with Randy is lame, it's got nothing but interviews you can find on the internet, and it's the same info over and over. I wish they had included the interview where a friend was talking about his racist tendencies, and sexist attitude.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by RPGoof
The tab was only a radio edit, the real song is 3 minutes longer. They left out so much of the song. I'm no Dragonforce fan, but I still want to learn a few licks from it to push in assholess' faces that get 100% on it in GH3.

I'm kind of glad I'm only getting one more issue next month before my subscription ends. I was pissed off enough when GuitarOne cancelled the CDs, then cancelled the mag, then gave me GW without the CDs.

At least in the Radio edit they didn't cut out the solos, because most of the time thats what happens.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Pffft, not even Herman Li can play it. Don't even get me started on the other guitarist...

i've told that to so many people.

i've had so many kids come up to me asking me if i knew how to play that song and I always have to tell them DragonForce can't even play that song.

pisses me off.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by thedude051
I meant the irony of it all. He was holding a gun on the cover, and he shot himself soon after.

thats not irony dipsh1t
Ibanez RG350ex
Quote by kirkadolph
i've told that to so many people.

i've had so many kids come up to me asking me if i knew how to play that song and I always have to tell them DragonForce can't even play that song.

pisses me off.

Because people who don't play guitar (especially the game nerds) think Dragonforce is God. Really, their techniques aren't even that complicated compared to other shredders out there.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Because people who don't play guitar (especially the game nerds) think Dragonforce is God. Really, their techniques aren't even that complicated compared to other shredders out there.

Seriously.

I'd like to see DragonForce's guitarists in a guitar-off with John Petrucci or something.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
I figured, "They sucked Van Halen's dick last month, Dime's the month before that, and Zakk the one before that, so they probably won't suck them off this month."

But I was wrong.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by kirkadolph
Seriously.

I'd like to see DragonForce's guitarists in a guitar-off with John Petrucci or something.

The sad thing is that if you were to show them a video of John Petrucci etc. they usually say "Oh man, that guy sucks. Herman Li is better!!!" That makes my blood boil because they have no idea what they are talking about.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
The sad thing is that if you were to show them a video of John Petrucci etc. they usually say "Oh man, that guy sucks. Herman Li is better!!!" That makes my blood boil because they have no idea what they are talking about.

Meanwhile, Michael Jackson in his prime and James Brown were both better, and you guys never want to admit it.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Meanwhile, Michael Jackson in his prime and James Brown were both better, and you guys never want to admit it.

Michael Jackson and James Brown played guitar??? DUMDUMDUM.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Michael Jackson and James Brown played guitar??? DUMDUMDUM.

No, they're just better.
Quote by vintage x metal

I loved the issue a great leap from the ****ty Van Halen issue of last month. In fact i read every page of it. The tabs were a bit long but other than that it was great. I started learning through the fire and flames. I got the intro so far. its really hard but compared to some megadeth and necrophagist stuff its not that bad.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Jack Off Jill
The only good thing about this issue was that Billy Corgan was in it two or three times. There should have been more on Green Day.

Edit: The issue with Randy is lame, it's got nothing but interviews you can find on the internet, and it's the same info over and over. I wish they had included the interview where a friend was talking about his racist tendencies, and sexist attitude.

are you being sarcastic because if you are looking for Billy Corgan and Green Day you are kind of reading the wrong magazine. Also James Brown and Michael Jackson at the prime of their career wtf???? and even if they were what does that have to do with Herman Li and Petrucci
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
It was a good retro spective issue, plus the cover made me laugh

honestly the only thing that annoyed me was the lack of "The Alchemical Guitarist" by Richard Lloyd, which has improved my playing and theory knowledge by another mile with every issue

but overall I've only been buying GW for the last 5 years, so it was kinda fun to go back and read interviews with Satch and Zappa back in the day
Quote by Fuzzbox91
are you being sarcastic because if you are looking for Billy Corgan and Green Day you are kind of reading the wrong magazine. Also James Brown and Michael Jackson at the prime of their career wtf???? and even if they were what does that have to do with Herman Li and Petrucci

No, I'm not being sarcastic at all. Green Day did have quite an affect on modern music, they should have been represented more than they were. I especially would have liked the interview where they insulted Alice in Chains and pissed me off to no end. As for the Billy Corgan bit: He's a good guitarist. Anyone who thinks different has to be dumb.

Herman Li and John Petrucci are musicians. Michael Jackson and James Brown are musicians. Who is better? The Jackson 5 and James Brown. Thats all I'm saying.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by kirkadolph
Seriously.

id like to see them in a guitar-off with my 8 year old cousin, who has downs syndrome
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Herman Li and John Petrucci are musicians. Michael Jackson and James Brown are musicians. Who is better? The Jackson 5 and James Brown. Thats all I'm saying.

Apples and Oranges
Quote by ZachisSuperCool
Apples and Oranges

Which are both fruit. And oranges are better. They represent Michael Jackson in the J5 days.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, I'm not being sarcastic at all. Green Day did have quite an affect on modern music, they should have been represented more than they were. I especially would have liked the interview where they insulted Alice in Chains and pissed me off to no end. As for the Billy Corgan bit: He's a good guitarist. Anyone who thinks different has to be dumb.

ill agree with you for billy corgan. But green day wasnt exactly centered around the guitar, i mean cmon he plays power chords in drop D. Hes all the ****ing rage in Rolling Stone because, yea he did have an effect on modern music. But most of the bands in Guitar World are a bit more centered around the guitar, Kurt Cobain was an exception.

and you still havent explained the michael jackson thing. If being dead or molesting children is what you consider a high point in someones music career than whatever.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by philipp122
I loved the issue; great gear reviews in this one, and the history of the guitar thing at the bottom of the 300th issue article is hilarious.

"1979>> Floyd Rose iinvents the double-locking tremolo for guitarists who like to show off. Traditional-minded guitarists invent the double-locking jail cell for Floyd Rose."

"2000>>It's the end of the world as we know it."
Followed by:
"2000>>Guitar World's first issue of the new millenium features Korn on the cover. Critics are convinced that this is definite proof that the end of the world has officially arrived."

Lol.

One thing that disappoined me was that TTFAF was tabbed in the issue. The song didn't gain popularity until GH3, atr which point many non-guitarists and beginner-guitarists thought it was the fastest and hardest song in the universe. Now everyone's amazed by it, and it's even gained a place in Guitar World. Unbelievable. I bet you if GH4 had Van Halen's Eruption on it or Mr. Big's Colorado Bulldog, the same thing would happen all over.

i agree with you about GH4, but it wont, its guitar hero: aerosmith
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
ill agree with you for billy corgan. But green day wasnt exactly centered around the guitar, i mean cmon he plays power chords in drop D. Hes all the ****ing rage in Rolling Stone because, yea he did have an effect on modern music. But most of the bands in Guitar World are a bit more centered around the guitar, Kurt Cobain was an exception.

and you still havent explained the michael jackson thing. If being dead or molesting children is what you consider a high point in someones music career than whatever.

So.. Nirvana should be represented and Green day shouldn't? Anyway, I'm not a Green Day fan, but I have to say: Not all guitarists want to play like Van Halen. There are a lot of people who want to play like Billie. He deserves to be represented.

I said Michael Jackson and James Brown in their prime. Which was when Michael was a child, and when James Brown was still alive. But regardless, I'm trolling because someone else insulted Herman Li.. Though I'm also not a Dragonforce fan.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
So.. Nirvana should be represented and Green day shouldn't? Anyway, I'm not a Green Day fan, but I have to say: Not all guitarists want to play like Van Halen. There are a lot of people who want to play like Billie. He deserves to be represented.

I said Michael Jackson and James Brown in their prime. Which was when Michael was a child, and when James Brown was still alive. But regardless, I'm trolling because someone else insulted Herman Li.. Though I'm also not a Dragonforce fan.

thats why i said thats the exception, Kurt Cobain was over represented in that magazine, and he sucked. its just that guitar world is a guitar focused magazine. Mark Morton and Willie Adler dont play like EVH but theyre still in their because they have great riffs. SRV, Clapton, and Page are also in there. Its just that Green Day doesnt really put their effort into guitar, they put it into songwriting and melody. I hate green day but ill give it to them they know a thing or two about writing catchy songs and melody.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Page 1 of 2