Sorry another what amp thread...

But which one is better. I need something with a pretty high gain (thrash/death metal gain). I also have a Maxon OD808 pedal just for that extra crunch. Yeah I know a tube amp might be better, but I dont have the money and I need something that can handle small gigs and external speaker capability but still sounds great. Thanks
i dont know what a Vox deacy is Is that an old SS state amp
in that case i would say dont go with the vox because its just not voiced for what your looking for
i say the Tech2130 is bettor suted for your stile so go with that
its really a no brainer
and dont get a cube if the micro cube are anything like there big brothers then i would seriesly say get a Spider
Vox Deacy is the 'remake' version of Brian May's Deacy amp but with multiple output jacks and more controls. I still dont know what it sounds like though. But I really dig Brian's tone so I thought this could be good....
ill just have to say they both sound like **** the only one that pulls a good job are the valvetronix amps
oh and by the way 30 watts SS aint ganna do **** at small gigs with drums and other instruments if that the purpose of the amp your ganna buy then your just waisting your money
save up be patient buy a B-52 ST combo used, new whatever you prefer thats ganna suit your music style best and it will be all the power youll ever need
Quote by indra13
Vox Deacy is the 'remake' version of Brian May's Deacy amp but with multiple output jacks and more controls. I still dont know what it sounds like though. But I really dig Brian's tone so I thought this could be good....

let me ask you something how much is this costing you because that sounds pretty expensive
im just ganna speculate because the USdollar is in the **** hole right now that thats more than it would be if it were American
in that case i say you should get a Valveking that should be in your price range at the momment if im right
and like i said just save up a bit more and the B-52 ST is in your hands. this mother ****er packs a **** load of gain and it sounds really nice to cheap price great tube sound what else could you ask for
yah i know its a US company thats why i mentioned the Peavey Valveking as well
all im sayng is that if the VOX is a 40watt or under SS amp then your ****ed in the GIGIN department not ganna do a damn thing
and im guessing the TECH21 is 30 watts aint ganna do much either
Quote by purple tiger
yah i know its a US company thats why i mentioned the Peavey Valveking as well
all im sayng is that if the VOX is a 40watt or under SS amp then your ****ed in the GIGIN department not ganna do a damn thing
and im guessing the TECH21 is 30 watts aint ganna do much either

cut the swears a little.
I can't help but feel sorry for Aussies b/c we overcharge em on everything . But those guys in the UK get all the GOOD marshalls and laneys for cheaper . But why are you tryign to get hi-gain out of a Vox Deacy... those are by no means hi-gain sounding amps. Smalll gigs I would reccomend a Roland Cube 30x for now, or a used Peavey VK
long story short the Tech21 is bettor suited for you
but with 30 watts youll be lucky to be heard at all
Good Luck
Quote by purple tiger
long story short the Tech21 is bettor suited for you
but with 30 watts youll be lucky to be heard at all
Good Luck

I've been trying to decipher the code you've been writing in this entire thread but I'm having trouble. Wanna try writing in plain old English?

30 watts is plenty loud. It will take your head off if you want it too.

I'd go with Tech 21 on this one though. I like their products and their amps are pretty great albeit a bit sterile.

I still recommend a valve amplifier though.

What genres do you play and what's your budget?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I've been trying to decipher the code you've been writing in this entire thread but I'm having trouble. Wanna try writing in plain old English?

30 watts is plenty loud. It will take your head off if you want it too.

I'd go with Tech 21 on this one though. I like their products and their amps are pretty great albeit a bit sterile.

I still recommend a valve amplifier though.

What genres do you play and what's your budget?

30 tube watts are plenty loud. we're talking SS here
Quote by The red Strat.
30 tube watts are plenty loud. we're talking SS here

Solid States and Valve watts are the same volume but valve amps sound louder due to things that I couldn't explain.

Quote by purple tiger
^read trough the thread its all there

That was a crack at your spelling young padawan.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I think H4T3BR33D3R is right. Gigs will mostly likely be mic'ed up anyway and my drummer's 30w SS can get over his drums if I fancy a wuick jam while I'm over there
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Solid States and Valve watts are the same volume but valve amps sound louder due to things that I couldn't explain.

That was a crack at your spelling young padawan.

i know. what i was trying to say is that a 30 watt SS won't cut it in a band situation, and a 30 watt valve amp will.

they're louder because they can pick up frequecies that transistors can't pick up