Page 1 of 2
We've all seen members from some bands collaborate with other band members or in other words, making a project !
Which one would you characterize as the best project which even surpasses the bands those two collaborators were in ? It can be a black metal project or a project of a member of some band just trying to make something outside his band..

I'd say Astennu and Nagash for Carpe Tenebrum (black Metal), I don't regret ordering this album from Norway and waiting for 1 month to get it.. Awesome..

So , you share as well.. I'm too drunk now to compose a question from the above paragraph, you do the summary and guess the question..

RULES : Only metal bands allowed ( according to UG rules), bands with a -core suffix and a "nu" prefix must remain in their own forums.. Thank you.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Why ? i didn't see a thread like this
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
In Flames.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Demons & Wizards and Bloodbath.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Stuff that comes to mind is the adversary by ishahn, getting excited about the new one
Electrocution 205 - more of a prog/extreme metal blend then straight up metal but none the less awesome
Quote by unfathomable_bo
rofl no, Lock Up the grindcore band featuring Peter Tagtgren and Nick Barker

oh, for a second i thought you meant tom morello's old band.

I'd say demons and wizards.
Down, I geuss... They are pretty much an allstar band, so I geuss they count.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Ehh, how about some no so well known ones? In Flames, Down, etc...

Capharnaum (better then Trivium, thats for sure)
Folkearth
Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
Torchbearer
Last edited by Mr. President at Mar 11, 2008,
check check Checker Patrol!
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by diminishedtobme
Blotted Science

Yeah, this **** is pretty cool. Although I am not familiar with any of the bands the guitarist is in, Charlie certainly impressed me in Behold...The Arctopus.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
Demons and Wizards! Fiddler on the Green is perhaps the greatest song ever written! Hansi is GOD!!!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by duncang
In Flames.

What kind of project were In Flames? They suck anway! The singer is dresed like an emo girl for ****s sake! Lst time ive seen them live they were coheadlining with Sepultura eaven the die hard Flames fans said they sucked! No old song just the last 2,3 records!
Dragonlord. Haven't heard much of them, but I liked what I heard.
Demons & Wizards, Avantasia, Ayreon.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Ayreon, Bloodbath, Control Denied, and Blotted Science

Did Tim Aymar (Control Denied) ever do anything besides CD?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Ayreon, Bloodbath, Control Denied, and Blotted Science

Did Tim Aymar (Control Denied) ever do anything besides CD?

The only one I know is Pharaoh - pretty good power metal band.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Folkearth and Down I suppose

And of course Control Denied \m/ what an album
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Isen Torr, by far. Any band that has members of Solstice, Falcon, Slough Feg and Ritual Steel simply cannot fail.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
What about when Pantera colaborated with that country singer? Don't remember what the dudes name was, or the group though...
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
how can you forget arcturus?!

and i second I. a black metal supergroup with members from immortal, gorgoroth and enslaved.
Quote by Rhyan_EG
What about when Pantera colaborated with that country singer? Don't remember what the dudes name was, or the group though...

Rebel Meets Rebel. They were actually pretty good.

I second I, Ayreon, and Down. And I humbly suggest Vic Smolski's "Into The Light" for the Nuclear Blast Allstars series was pretty damn metal.
Lock Up
Down
I
Soul Reaper
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by torturer6067
What kind of project were In Flames? They suck anway! The singer is dresed like an emo girl for ****s sake! Lst time ive seen them live they were coheadlining with Sepultura eaven the die hard Flames fans said they sucked! No old song just the last 2,3 records!

In Flames started as a sideproject of Jesper Stromblad, who wanted to explore a more melodic side of his main band, Ceremonial Oath. I went to the same Sepultura/In Flames tour, and you're basically just wrong. Lol.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Cavalera Conspiracy. I know their album hsn't come out yet, but if it sounds anything like the 2 songs on their myspace, then prepare for an ass-kicking.
Last edited by Felty666 at Mar 21, 2008,
Quote by duncang
In Flames started as a sideproject of Jesper Stromblad, who wanted to explore a more melodic side of his main band, Ceremonial Oath. I went to the same Sepultura/In Flames tour, and you're basically just wrong. Lol.

what are you saying they didnt play new stuff? and that the singer didnt look like a gay emo kid? ill ask my friend if he still has pics from the concert! ill upload them and let you see what he is wearing! dont bull**** here you fanboy! in flames should be in the metal for non straight people forum!
The Ravenous are alright. Doesn´t surpass Nuclear Assault or Autopsy in any way though

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Stormtroopers Of Death
Superjoint Ritual
Glenn Tipton's solo albums (all-star collaboration)
Or is all this stuff not considered metal?
I kinda like SOD but than again i hate thair lyrics! come on thair nacionalist lyrics are absurd!
I think that's more Billy Milano just being a big mouth than anything. Lots of the lyrics in M.O.D. are utter nonsense as well. I don't think anyone actually takes that s*i*e seriously.
Page 1 of 2