i want to get better at soloing
and i have been pretty lazy the past few weeks with practicing
i mean by not really practicing anything other than a few scales and then just improvising really but i want to learn some solos but i really dont know where to start

i need to do this so i can get better by the time my band starts covering songs
right now the only solo i really know is the into fade to black
and i have been playing about two years

i know i can learn some harder stuff i'd say im pretty fast/accurate

i was planning on learning the end solo to fade to black, master of puppets solo's but idk if these are to hard to start out with cuz they sound so insane i never really looked at the tabs

i really wanna learn some thrash stuff
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Learn Enter Sandman. It's really easy. Or take a look at Symphony of Destruction.
Learn intermediate solos like Stairway to Heaven and Back in Black. Just keep expanding. You'll get there easily if you just keep learning as many solos as you can.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by Junior#1
Learn Enter Sandman. It's really easy. Or take a look at Symphony of Destruction.

symphony of destruction is definitely more difficult than fade to black or master of puppets. not only is it faster, but the timing is more difficult too..
download some backing tracks, learn scales and modes, improvise solos over backing tracks. then in time youll get better.

but seriously it is good to learn other songs solos to expand you horizons but dont copy them note for note.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
the Master of Puppets solo is simple. I suck at solo's and this was the only one I can play really well, that and part of the solo's to Metallica's "One"
Often the best way to learn to solo is to stop looking at solos. Still, with your current focus in mind I would suggest the following solos for range and diversity:

Muse - New Born
Fast use of tremelo picking and slides all on one string make this brief, strong solo stand out strongly. It also makes up for the lack of chords in the background, which can be a useful trick to learn.

Linkin Park - The Little Things Give You Away
Not a long solo either, but one that really fits in with the music. Usually solos are for the major reason of taking the attention during a song on to themselves. However, this one is more relaxed and makes it sound much better for it.

Dream Theater - Constant Motion
Not practising the riffs in this will be hard. This is a mix between a background solo and a full frontal solo, but it's considered one of the best Dream Theater have done. Petrucci is good at this sort of thing.

There you go, a range with quite a few good techniques to look into, enjoy.
ok thx for teh help
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
not really a beginner i can improvise pretty good too songs i just need to improve and learn some actual songs
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_