I let my friend borrow it, so his band could practice, and he just called me and said that he was playing it, and the sound cut out, the light started to blink on the head, and the head started to smoke.

So he unplugged everything real quick, and now he says all it does is make a buzzing noise.

What happened? Is my head destroyed? Is this covered under the warranty?
its a blessing.
now you can get something better.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Is it a Spider by any chance? Because that's the problem right there
ohai little sig.
kill the mother trucker that messed up ur amp dude idk if your waranty will cover it i have a line 6 that burnt out and i could never get it fixed
It's cause it's a Line 6 sorry, had to be said.

For a real answer, is it a tube head? One of the tubes could have...combusted? I dunno a whole lot about tubes. But, it either short circuited or it blew something I'm pretty sure...You may wanna have it checked out to see what's wrong with it, then call them to see if you can get a replacement or something.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Fuse?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Sounds like a fried circuit board. That's like cancer to a SS amp (if you indeed have the spider). It should be covered under warranty if your amp is still covered by it though.
Quote by Demonikk
Is it a Spider by any chance? Because that's the problem right there

+1.. How about you INVEST your money into an amp that sounds good AND won't blow up.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

There's something wrong with every cheap Line6 stack: it exists.
If it was smoking, it's probably toast. If you bought it new, and it's still under the warranty time, it should definitely be covered. It shouldn't start smoking on it's own out of the blue, that's not your fault. They don't have to know it was your friend using it. As long as your friend is telling you the truth, and didn't do something stupid with it that they can tell, you should be fine. That's the only reason to buy new imo.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Heres something. Every last person who mentioned "It's a Spider" should eb banned. That's not what he asked for, that's not the correct answer, and I'm sick of assholes like you guys spamming a helpful forum!

Axeington: If you don't know what the problem is, take it to a guitar shop and see if they can diagnose it. Chances are though, if it IS a solid stae head, you're prettty much done for. Although it should be covered by warranty.
Quote by nedthehead
Heres something. Every last person who mentioned "It's a Spider" should eb banned. That's not what he asked for, that's not the correct answer, and I'm sick of assholes like you guys spamming a helpful forum!

Axeington: If you don't know what the problem is, take it to a guitar shop and see if they can diagnose it. Chances are though, if it IS a solid stae head, you're prettty much done for. Although it should be covered by warranty.

Me too? I said it was a spider and gave him advice.
I read something about how the L6 stacks had to be hooked up in stereo or they liked to fry at high volume. And yea when smoke comes out of SS stuff that usually means they are done. As for warranty all you can do is try if its still in the time period. Dont know if L6 puts much effort into trying to see if they can decline repairs or not. Or if they just replace em. Not being a basher but I do hear about alot of L6 amps cooking.
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
It's cause it's a Line 6 sorry, had to be said.

Hope your only talking about the Spyder models.
Yeah.. High end Line 6 amps are pretty cool.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II