two of the scariest words for any musician or anyone who just likes music. anyways, i used to constantly listen to music at top volume. eventually i stopped doing that and ive just been listening at medium volume for a couple years now. out of nowhere this weekend my ears start ringing/hurting every time i listen to music (or anything) for any period of time at a volume that i can barely hear. i havent been doing anytihng recently that i thought would cause this, also i can still hear ok, its just that im getting a headache any time i listen to music for more than a few minutes.
so anyone know anytihng about this or have any ideas or suggestions about this? thanks
Quote by Steve The Plank
I suggest a real doctor.

ya i no im getting there, ive just been trying to look this stuff up a bit until i do
did you perhaps relocate to Mount Everest base camp? coz if ya didn't then i have no clue...
Are your ears constantly ringing, or just when you listen to music?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
Are your ears constantly ringing, or just when you listen to music?

they start sometimes when im listening to music and it might last a little while after. mostly they just hurt tho
I'd recommend resting your ears for about 3 days. This usually happens to me after playing a gig.

Some advice I got from my doctor..

1. Don't listen to aggressive music, try something soothing with as little sharp notes as you can. This will help "ease your ears" back into regular use

2. Clean your ears daily. In the shower prefereably.

3. Don't listen to music with headphones on, it will put more strain on your ear drums and may result in temporary deafness.

Good luck =]
Quote by sjada
they start sometimes when im listening to music and it might last a little while after. mostly they just hurt tho

Wouldn't recommend listening to anything loud then (Yes you probably realized that)

You most likely damaged something, but not beyond repair, so just be careful and eventually you can listen to music.

I suggest go to a real doctor though
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by ThePeacefrog
Id rather be deaf then blind. I could still read and stuff.

And not be able to hear music?? What are you doing on this site?
Quote by RazorbackDevil
This man is cool in my book. He apparently likes boobs as much as me.
Quote by cerveza
as does that one.
+1
Quote by .Will.
+100
Quote by Lamrick21
yeah ill +1 that one.

i smell a hate thread brewing!
Quote by WCS_Is_Worse1
And not be able to hear music?? What are you doing on this site?

So your saying it would be easier to be blind then deaf?
ON TOPIC You might have an ear infection. I have been around loud music/loud anything for years! and my ability to hear has decreased significantly I must say.
Quote by RazorbackDevil
Quote by cerveza
as does that one.
+1
Quote by .Will.
+100
Quote by Lamrick21
yeah ill +1 that one.

Quote by ThePeacefrog
So your saying it would be easier to be blind then deaf?

No it would be easier to be deaf. But a life without being able to hear music?!?!

2 Options.

1.) Death

2.) Death
Quote by RazorbackDevil
Quote by cerveza
as does that one.
+1
Quote by .Will.
+100
Quote by Lamrick21
yeah ill +1 that one.

Quote by WCS_Is_Worse1
No it would be easier to be deaf. But a life without being able to hear music?!?!

2 Options.

1.) Death

2.) Death

Oh come on. So reading means nothing to you? Little over dramatic emphatic ....pattick.
I love to read. 'specially work by Aldous Huxley, J.D. Salinger, but Music is my life and is before everything.
Quote by RazorbackDevil
Quote by cerveza
as does that one.
+1
Quote by .Will.
+100
Quote by Lamrick21
yeah ill +1 that one.

Quote by WCS_Is_Worse1
I love to read. 'specially work by Aldous Huxley, J.D. Salinger, but Music is my life and is before everything.

Thats a little ridiculous. Thanks for name dropping authors by the way....
Off to flag down truckers on I-69, Later.
Quote by RazorbackDevil
Quote by cerveza
as does that one.
+1
Quote by .Will.
+100
Quote by Lamrick21
yeah ill +1 that one.

Quote by gallagher2006
I'd recommend resting your ears for about 3 days. This usually happens to me after playing a gig.

Some advice I got from my doctor..

1. Don't listen to aggressive music, try something soothing with as little sharp notes as you can. This will help "ease your ears" back into regular use

2. Clean your ears daily. In the shower prefereably.

3. Don't listen to music with headphones on, it will put more strain on your ear drums and may result in temporary deafness.

Good luck =]

Did your doc recommend wearing earplugs or other sorts of ear protection when "resting," or just cut out loud radio & tv & such?
Quote by ThePeacefrog
Oh come on. So reading means nothing to you? Little over dramatic emphatic ....pattick.

Seriously. It's not like you're getting your dick cut off either.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
Did your doc recommend wearing earplugs or other sorts of ear protection when "resting," or just cut out loud radio & tv & such?

He didn't mention. He emphasised no loud music or staticy radio though. Basically anything that you have to strain to hear, don't do it.
Quote by sjada
two of the scariest words for any musician or anyone who just likes music. anyways, i used to constantly listen to music at top volume. eventually i stopped doing that and ive just been listening at medium volume for a couple years now. out of nowhere this weekend my ears start ringing/hurting every time i listen to music (or anything) for any period of time at a volume that i can barely hear. i havent been doing anytihng recently that i thought would cause this, also i can still hear ok, its just that im getting a headache any time i listen to music for more than a few minutes.
so anyone know anytihng about this or have any ideas or suggestions about this? thanks

dude i studied audiology last year.wat u need to do is go see and an audiologist and perform 3 tests to determine hearing threshold.(they're general standard audio tests tests)u seem to hav signs of tinnitus which could become worst as time goes on.or maybe u hav something deep in your exturnal accoustic meatus which u r not aware of or u mightve jus damaged the follicles in your inner ear.best case scenario is u hav something in your EAM which is causing this and once removed u should be fyn.but pls pls pls go see an audiologist right away.it could save your hearing
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX