Hey I found two Guitars that I think I would like to get, and they are both Ibanez. I am open to other Guitars to, but right now I just want your opinion on both of the Ibanez ones.

Heres the first:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=519785

And Heres the second:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGR421EXFM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512459

I play mostly Hard rock and Metal, so what do you think will be the best for me?
1st
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
I have the first one and let me tell you... it plays great and the quality control for Ibanez is relatively great BUT!

Bridge pickup sucks so much for shred and metal. Hard rock should be good but not anything hi-gain or EVH style. EDGE III = FAIL! So if you are a heavy trem player look somewhere else. I switched both of these and I'm happy with it now.

The good stuff is that the basswood body really sings and the neck pickup makes the most gorgeous melodies. The neck is your average WizII Ibanez, the body finish is awesome under stage, and the hardware finish is perfect.

BTW, SQH reviewer is me.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Do you want a fixed bridge? You are taking your chances with that licensed Floyd Rose.
NO VERSUS THREADS!!!\

but if you want my opinion i say the 1st one
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
I agree with the two guys above... go with the first but maybe replace the pickups and the bridge.

Here's the other thing to consider, unless you absolutely can't spend any more money on an axe, think about saving up just one or two hundred more dollars and you could put yourself at a higher quality of guitar. But, if this is your price range, go with the first

Always with guitars, you pay for what you get. If a guitar looks amazing but only costs a couple hundred dollars, its your either in a pawn shop or about to get a crappy instrument.

whoa dude... taking your chances with a liscenced floyd rose? Those are some of the best trems out on the market! (Of course it depends, but still) What rock have you been under?
Last edited by The Magickan at Mar 11, 2008,
Quote by The Magickan
whoa dude... taking your chances with a liscenced floyd rose? Those are some of the best trems out on the market! (Of course it depends, but still) What rock have you been under?

You are thinking Original Floyd Roses. Licensed Floyd Roses can be crap and go out of tune easily.
Quote by Wylde_Man
EDGE III IS A NO-NO

go with the 2nd unless u plan on putting an ofr in it

+1

Also have it setup by a tech to see if any shims are needed. When i got mine i had to shim the neck and the locking nut...
...First one.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by gilbs73
NO VERSUS THREADS!!!\

but if you want my opinion i say the 1st one

Dude, that doesn't apply to this because he is looking for a guitar. No VS threads means stuff like Dave Mustaine Vs. Kirk Hammett or whatever...

Back on topic: I'd say get the first one then block the trem.
Be cool.
You play hard rock and metal then I would say neither those arnt realy high gain pickups go with a Jackson for hard rock or metal,
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
You play hard rock and metal then I would say neither those arnt realy high gain pickups go with a Jackson for hard rock or metal,

Jackson stock pickups aren't more suitable for metal than the Ibanez ones.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
i bought that exact guitar (2nd one) with the hard tail yesterday and it seems great so far. though bridge pickup could do with a change.
two days ago i was at guitar center and i played both of these guitars and i ended up going with the first one it just felt and sounded better to me