I made a thread in the eg forum yesterday about getting a new guitar and amp for around 3k and for guitars I think im gonna get a PRS CE22 or CE24. I still need an amp though. I want a small combo and play stuff kind of like whats in my sig (indie). Im gonna try out the VOX AC30 but i need more suggestions.
oh im also gonna try the Mesa F-50 and Mark IV if i can find em.
Vox AC30 would be good. Mark IV and F-30 probably wouldn't even be close to what you're looking for, as good as they are. You might like some sort of Orange too (Rocker 30?), or maybe a Fender.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Defiantly Mark IV, it's great for all kinds of music. I have a PRS Custom 24 and i demoed the Mark IV at a guitar shop and the combination is a match made in heaven.
from your fav bands list, i would recomend a fender. Maybe, a super reverb or something? How loud are you gonna be playing? Cuz if not too loud, then you could throw $600 into a small, vintage fender champ, cuz those sound amazing, and spend the remainder on effects, like a digitech whammy, phaser, and reverb?

Else, I would suggest you look at a Fender super reverb, one of those massive combos that have no drive channel, all clean, and look to get some pedals to get a dirty sound.

EDIT: Oh, but the AC30 is still an awesome choice for cleans, i was just throwing the fender suggestion out there.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Vox AC30 would be good. Mark IV and F-30 probably wouldn't even be close to what you're looking for, as good as they are. You might like some sort of Orange too (Rocker 30?), or maybe a Fender.

I havnt been able to find any Orange stuff around here though.
AC30 is a good amp. If youre spending that kind of coin you should definitly check out Orange. I think itd be worth trying.
With that budget, I'd try to get a look at the hand-wired Vox AC30. It's only a couple hundred more than the AC30CC2x, and very likely well worth it.

I'd also say Fenders. The Super Reverb, Twin Reverb, and Bassman are all fine choices.

I'd lean towards a lower gain Mesa like a Lone Star or something, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I wouldn't be human if I didn't reccomend the Fender Twin Reverb....I play a lot of alternative/indie as weel, including a lot of artists in your sig. My Twin covers them fabulously.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
^Yeah ill definitely take a look at a Twin if I can find one. Also what would make the handwired AC-30 so much better?
Quote by bright-eyes
Also what would make the handwired AC-30 so much better?

Well, it's hand wired! It's based on the original Top Boost circuit, and it's beautiful. If I was in the market for the CC2x, I'd definitely give the AC30H2 a long look.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Hughes and kettner switchblade is super versatile and awesome tone, just have to make sure the one you get is working fully haha, cause sometimes the dealers give you messed up ones.
My Youtube Vids

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee
While you're looking at fenders, see if you can find a deal on like a blackface bassman head or something. I don't listen to any indie, but if you're going for fender cleans, it's hard to get much better.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...