It may help some

But you have to remember the string stops at the saddle lock. So I don't know how much of the strings vibrations would get to the block anyway.
Yea, thats what im thinking.. The vibrations only make contact at the tremolo posts, spring thightening screws and the nut... But more mass might cause more intense vibrations to those componets... So i dont see/but can see how it would help lol... Kind of a mystery...
A big block makes more of a difference on a standard trem

The ball end makes contact with the bottom of the block at its deepest point and it does help sustain quite a bit
It does make a difference. I've got a brass block on my PING Floyd, and that thing is resonant like hell.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by diditfortehlulz
It does make a difference. I've got a brass block on my PING Floyd, and that thing is resonant like hell.

Interesting.....

Now the question is should i buy one or try to add mass to the existing block... wooo ha ha ha....
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Interesting.....

Now the question is should i buy one or try to add mass to the existing block... wooo ha ha ha....

Buy one, for sure.

It's one of the most worthwhile upgrades you can make to a Floyd equipped guitar.
Now it's 1984
Quote by diditfortehlulz
Buy one, for sure.

It's one of the most worthwhile upgrades you can make to a Floyd equipped guitar.

Why why must you give me reasons to buy things lol...

Now one other question, if im locking down the trem with a Tremol-no do you think it would make a difference...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Why why must you give me reasons to buy things lol...

Now one other question, if im locking down the trem with a Tremol-no do you think it would make a difference...

In tone? Yes, it definitely would. The tone and sustain would probably improve a bit.
Now it's 1984
my gotoh has a brass sustain block. it definitely sounds nice, but i haven't compared it to a steel block (the ofr's block is steel, right?).

my guess is the brass will be a bit warmer, but that could be BS.

I'm not sure if it's worth it or not... my gotoh came with brass stock.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This reminds me of Brad Paisley or however you spell his name.

That guy uses a different saddle piece for every string on his guitar; he was quoted saying that "I can definatly tell the brass saddle on the e string helpw with sustain and a brighter note". I wanna punch that guy in that face for not being like everyone else....SOB.

Im sure it will help a little, dont waste your time or money dude....fer serial.
It does make a difference. I've got a brass block on my PING Floyd, and that thing is resonant like hell.[/QUOTE

I've got a PING too probably the best sounding Floyd on any of my guitars
OFRs, Schallers, and Ping use Brass blocks. Ping don't plate theres, thats all. The Big Block upgrade simply enlarges it. Some say it's better (as in warmer soudning and nicer sustain), others say it's a load of BS.
For $35, I'll bite! I only have a couple of Floyd-equipped guitars, so it should be pretty easy to A/B them.
Took my trem apart last night.. I can see how it might affect tone.. The stock plate is tiny and with the floyd out you can tell its really cheap and light.. So ill probally place my order today for one.. Thanks for all the help and ill let yall know how it works out...
Good choice, dude.

I think you'll like the difference in tone.
Now it's 1984
Quote by CJRocker
OFRs, Schallers, and Ping use Brass blocks. Ping don't plate theres, thats all. The Big Block upgrade simply enlarges it. Some say it's better (as in warmer soudning and nicer sustain), others say it's a load of BS.

oh ok. yeah, if it's just making it bigger... i guess it could help. but it's not like there's not some brass there already.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by diditfortehlulz
Good choice, dude.

I think you'll like the difference in tone.

Yea i you can tell its missing something, this just might be it. And i have to file the knife edges anyway... so we shall see...