Okay, so I always usually buy albums, but of course I first download them. I only do it because I'm a broke college student and want the album. But in the end, I always buy the ones I truly like and think deserve the money. I've been building my collection but now I've come to NiN and want to buy NiN albums. Here's the thing, I remember Trent being dropped from his label, so my question is this... if I buy his albums, does the money still go to him?
Well it definitely isn't going to a record label. Who else would it go to?

btw buy the new Ghosts I-IV discs =D

good stuff
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
I know he doesn't need the money, but I want to give my money to him. Also, I want to buy his live show on Blu-Ray. So if I buy his older albums and and the Blu-Ray, will the money go to Trent or the record labels? I mean, of course the record label gets a piece, but I heard Trent was dropped from the label, so does that mean none of the money goes to him now?
He still gets the royalties from the albums sold. He still owns the rights to the music, but he doesn't get a lot from it. I own most, if not every NIN album released before 2001. In all the 25 or so albums I own, I've given him less money through those than I have after seeing him live twice.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by i have to pee
He still gets the royalties from the albums sold. He still owns the rights to the music, but he doesn't get a lot from it. I own most, if not every NIN album released before 2001. In all the 25 or so albums I own, I've given him less money through those than I have after seeing him live twice.

Oh wow... well I at least want one NiN album to say I have one. Plus, I want the Blu-Ray to watch "Beside You In Time" in Full HD.
Quote by Nikon87
Oh wow... well I at least want one NiN album to say I have one. Plus, I want the Blu-Ray to watch "Beside You In Time" in Full HD.

Get Downward Spiral and call it a day. He'll recieve royalties for it. Or just download it. Senor Reznor really doesn't care.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Nikon87
Okay, so I always usually buy albums, but of course I first download them. I only do it because I'm a broke college student and want the album. But in the end, I always buy the ones I truly like and think deserve the money. I've been building my collection but now I've come to NiN and want to buy NiN albums. Here's the thing, I remember Trent being dropped from his label, so my question is this... if I buy his albums, does the money still go to him?

always usually? Either thats a typo or your sub-concious feels guilty about lying to UG about "always" buying CDs lol
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Quote by Chadicus
always usually? Either thats a typo or your sub-concious feels guilty about lying to UG about "always" buying CDs lol

Haha, nice catch.. although I meant I buy them if I really do like the album and think the band deserves it. Although there are some which I like also, but don't always buy because I'm not really into them as much. I always buy Tool, Lamb Of God and NiN stuff whenever I can...

I give my money to who I like the most first, then later on.. but there are still bands I like a lot that I still can't afford to buy the albums of..