Basically, how does it sound if you combine the neck and middle, or the bridge and middle in series instead of in parallel? I've heard it sounds alot closer to a Les Paul kind of sound. Is this right?

Hawk
i believe it is pretty difficult to wire a strat with series wiring, using the 5-way switch. i think it's still hard using three individual switches too. i guess you can short the unused pickup with a switch, make the negative (-) of the bridge pickup go to ground and stuff. but that's pretty complicated.

if ur just asking how it sounds, i do not know or have i tried it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
i believe it is pretty difficult to wire a strat with series wiring, using the 5-way switch. i think it's still hard using three individual switches too. i guess you can short the unused pickup with a switch, make the negative (-) of the bridge pickup go to ground and stuff. but that's pretty complicated.

if ur just asking how it sounds, i do not know or have i tried it.

its not that hard at all really, but thanks for the response anyways
It definitely makes it sound a lot thicker, not quite as thick as an LP though. I'm just basing this on the S-1 switching, so I can't tell you how it would be to physically wire it in.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Quote by Malarkatron
It definitely makes it sound a lot thicker, not quite as thick as an LP though. I'm just basing this on the S-1 switching, so I can't tell you how it would be to physically wire it in.

ok good to know.

Yes its a similar idea to a couple of the positions on the S-1 switch, which I unfortunately havent played with in a while