Alright, I'd like to have this topic spam free. No "He sucks", put some thought into your post.
I'm keeping this out of the DragonForce fanthread because they will all support them. I want both sides of the story.
This debate has been going on forever. Does Dragon Force speed up their studio work, or do they play legit?

Here are some points from both sides that I cooked up myself.

DRAGONFORCE SPEEDS IT UP
-They play crap live
-Their vibratos, solo, and speed on album is too fast
-Studio is the only place they sound decent

DRAGONFORCE IS LEGIT
-People like John Petrucci, Buckethead and Paul Gilbert play blisteringly fast- why can't Dragonforce?
-They are always wasted live (my cousins eve told me of their shows being delayed because they weren't drunk yet)

I want to hear what you think. Are they real or fake?
Last edited by RPGoof at Mar 11, 2008,
*reported*
this won't end well
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by cheeseman3001
*reported*
this won't end well

Reporting a legit thread?

You damn moron, you are the ignorance that gives the internet a bad name.

I'm sorry I can't contribute anything to this topic, OP. I don't know enough about the band either way to make a legit point.
I'm gonna say they speed it up, but I'm only going off the few youtube videos and few songs of theirs ive heard, its probably not too solid of an opinion.
Nah they don't, I've seen them live a couple times when I was visiting my cousins. They played damn good until they got drunk. I think they're alcoholics.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Must resist spamming
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
i've seen some videos of herman lee playing complete slop, on the other hand i've seen him play some legit stuff..... in general i think there music is a little too over the top, and i say they speed it up.

oh and calling spam free on this site.... i'm surprised this thread isnt filled already haha
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by cheeseman3001
*reported*
this won't end well

Get a ****ing life. sorry dude, i dont know enough about dragon force to give my opinion, i just hate assholes.
They dont. End of story.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Wulphy
Nah they don't, I've seen them live a couple times when I was visiting my cousins. They played damn good until they got drunk. I think they're alcoholics.

yeah....

dragonforce seems to love their beverages

ive never seen microphone stands with cup holders
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
I don't think they do. In the studio, they have as many tries as they want to get it right and they can split up sections of songs into separate sessions.

The amount of alcohol they drink probably contributes to the sloppiness live too.
He sucks

No, I'm just kidding, I've never seen them live and I think they suck in studio no matter how fast they go... so maybe i'm not kidding
i think theyre drunkenness just fucks them up hard
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I think they speed some of it up but try to play it fast without doing that. And yeah i heard they really are terrible live.....a friend said he went to a show that D-Force was at and one of the guitraists (not sure, but i think his name is Sam?) actually broke his strap while playing!
(\__|)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain World Domination.

92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Sig this if you think most new popular music sucks.
They've admitted to slightly speeding up some of their stuff, but most of it is how they play.
Live = one chance to get it right
Studio = as many chances as they want to get it right.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
In all honesty, who gives a ****?

I enjoy listening to Dragonforce, and I don't really care how they do it.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by cheeseman3001
*reported*
this won't end well

Reported for what?

Please go play on a busy road.
Quote by Wulphy
In all honesty, who gives a ****?

I enjoy listening to Dragonforce, and I don't really care how they do it.

+1

I like listening to the New CD when I just want some shred. I've never seen them live but I'm planning on going to the Mayhem Fest this summer. If you think about it... There are plenty of artists that sound worlds better on their albums than they do live...
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM