So, Bad joints and ligaments and the like run in my family.

Its 2 weeks before my bands big studio AND live debut. And my forearms are aching, wrists stiff, and my fingers just feel weak.

What the hell should I do?
I've got our material under control.

So far Im icing it, taking motrin, and cutting back on anything that strains my wrists.
Is there anything else I can do for the next 2 weeks to regain my wrist strength and be back to my usual self before the gigs?
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Zach_F
So, Bad joints and ligaments and the like run in my family.

Its 2 weeks before my bands big studio AND live debut. And my forearms are aching, wrists stiff, and my fingers just feel weak.

What the hell should I do?
I've got our material under control.

So far Im icing it, taking motrin, and cutting back on anything that strains my wrists.
Is there anything else I can do for the next 2 weeks to regain my wrist strength and be back to my usual self before the gigs?

i had it bad for 10 years...just use light action and 9 gauge strings.
Putting something cold on it? I read up about wrist pains(well carpal tunnel to be exact) and it said to put something warm on it not cold. Correct me if I'm wrong
Hmm.

Ill try that too, It cant possible hurt.

As for light gauge strings, not an option.
We tune to Drop C# live, and I cant really play without some sort of tension.

Gah.
I suppose I can just suck up the pain if worst comes to worst Im sure wrist injury is in some form metal.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Wear your guitar higher.

Playing piano helps soothe any aches I may develop. Somehow flipping your wrist helps.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
i have it too, i feel your pain, i have had it for about 5 months, it gets worse every time i test it to see if i can play. some things i can suggest are, do not use the hand for anything, it is all the same pain as guitar. also, vitamin E supplements and cod liver oil are said to help a lot for the healing of damaged tendons and other tissue, i am taking vitamin E every morning and i think it helps. alcohol is damaging (i know this for a fact) i dont know about other narcotics but probably not a great idea. one thing that is extremely important, however overlooked is to keep an optomistic perspective. positive people who believe they will recover quickly are proven to do so, and pessimists stay sicker for longer.... good luck
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
you're screwed

in all actuallity..just put something warm on it and warm up properly before the show
Go ask a doctor. I have a feeling that they would have better advice than the pit. Or maybe some medical oriented website might help.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
well for the using light gauge strings idea, its not that bad
i was able to do drop C with no problems and stayed in tune for a good while. if worse comes to worse just get lighter strings. helps alottt
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
i had it in my wrist. it was really painful for 2-3 days. overall i had some sort of pain for about a week or two.

im not saying my case was typical, but you probably will be ok in 2 weeks. or at least good enough to play.
i am so surprised nobody has said icy hot yet.... no not on your nether regions
stop using the computer cause the typing motion wrecks your wrists.....and no more playing the skin flute till after the gigs.