So i'm working on a custom build right now, and i'm looing for a humbucker to put in the bridge position of a soft-maple body guitar.

I generally play hard rock and metal, so i want something that sounds good (or great) distorted with decent cleans. And i'd like higher output if possible. It would be in an HSS setup, running through an MG30DFX (don't bash mah amp). I'd like to keep prices under $100, but since i'm upgrading from Costco pickups (it was the Starcaster), i don't need high-quality stuff, just something that'll sound good.

I'm thinking abut the Seymour Perfomer Detonator. But i don't know if ceramics are necessarily good with mah MG. Oh, and the guitar is also going to have a Licensed Floyd Rose, if that's of any help to you.

Thanks.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Dude....a new amp will definitely be better than new pups
But if your dead set on new pups look at Guitar Fetish pickups
The humbucker is for my custom build though. I need one for the bridge. And i don't want to use the crappy Starcaster pickup for the bridge.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

Quote by Imperial
The humbucker is for my custom build though. I need one for the bridge. And i don't want to use the crappy Starcaster pickup for the bridge.

GFS pickups from www.guitarfetish.com
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
look at the DiMarzio duper distortions and also the seymour Duncan Pearly Gates
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
What are some opinions on THIS one? And are ceramic pickups like the Rockfield Mafia bad to use w/solid states?
Quote by SOADrox429

I think that if you replace the pickup, the amp will still sound the same. and if you get a tube amp, and keep the pickup it came with, it will sound better. if you want to look cool and be able to say that you have cool pickups, then probably you want to stick with dimarzio or something along those lines....if you want to sound good, and not look so cool, keep the pickup and get a tube amp...

not trying to bash, just my opinion on this subject...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Well this is kind of late, but i'm still in the market for a pickup. Same as before. But i found these while searching. From Artec. I've never heard of them before, are they any good? reliable? worth it? Or should i just opt for a dimarzio like others suggested?

Here's the link: http://www.artecsound.com/pickups/f-pickups/pickup15.htm

You know what, i think i'll just go with these:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/crpafhublbrp.html
Quote by SOADrox429

Last edited by Imperial at Jul 18, 2008,
dont buy that piece of **** detonator go for gfs like the other people i saw said they will sound just as good if not better than duncans dimarzio ie. w./e and it will cost you around the price of that detonator...
Quote by Imperial
Well this is kind of late, but i'm still in the market for a pickup. Same as before. But i found these while searching. From Artec. I've never heard of them before, are they any good? reliable? worth it? Or should i just opt for a dimarzio like others suggested?

Here's the link: http://www.artecsound.com/pickups/f-pickups/pickup15.htm

You know what, i think i'll just go with these:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/crpafhublbrp.html

gfs and artec = the same pickups.

both companys buy them from the same manufacturer. artecs just cheaper id go for them personally.