115 79%
Buckethead
21 14%
Robert Fynck
2 1%
Bumblefoot
8 5%
Voters: 146.
who do u think was/is the best guitarist for guns n roses, Slash (my vote) buckethead, robert fynck(or whatever his name is) or bumblefoot. i like slash because to me he is god, though i do admit buckethead was pretty good and i have never heard robert fynck play, and bumblefoot is ok byt my vote goes to slash
This poll doesn't deserve existence.

Anyone who would vote against the obvious is just retarded.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by HavokStrife
This poll doesn't deserve existence.

Anyone who would vote against the obvious is just retarded.

ur talking about slash right?
well slash sucks horribly... buckethead is amazing, but him in g'n'r was a bad idea. so best for them was slash, he fit their horrible style perfectly.
are we serious here. this is the same as asking:
who are the better drivers, men or women?
Quote by iheartprog
well slash sucks horribly... buckethead is amazing, but him in g'n'r was a bad idea. so best for them was slash, he fit their horrible style perfectly.

YOU SIR SUCKS HORRIBLY
There were a lot more than that.
Slash and Izzy were the best.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
No matter how much i love BH, he just didn't fit in with GnR. And you can't have a genuine GnR without slash either so. vote goes to slash.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
There were a lot more than that.
Slash and Izzy were the best.

i meant lead guitarists
slash and izzy were the guitarists that made G n R what they were, gnr is them, so obviously their the best fit.
Well its undeniable that in terms of skill, Buckethead and Ron Thal (Bumblefoot) are far better than Slash.

I would vote Bumblefoot because the guy is a brilliant guitarist, and from what I have heard can take Slashes solos and transform them into something better, and his solo work is ridiculously good.

However much I think Slash is a boring player, he IS the original, and helped shape the band, so the vote really has to go to him.

Izzy's where it's at though.
Dang I hate these threads that involve Slash. Everytime I read that "Slash is boring" it gets me mad.

My question is: What playing skills do people thing AREN't boring then? like in other words, if his playing isnt cool, then what is?

I just want to know that.

(Sorry about me posting about this)

But Slash is the original GNR Lead guitarist, and Izzy is the original Rhythm guitarist. They're both great guitarists. I think Buckethead is good and stuff, but I'm not that much into his style. He's not boring, I'm just not into that kind of playing.

Quote by iheartprog

I will dance on your grave for expressing that opinion
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Slash.

Izzy's rhythm was what made Gun's though.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Uhm. None.

Slash is awful, so is buckethead. the other two im not so sure about.

Izzy is where it's at. Dont cry = amazing.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
You've missed out their best guitarist, Richard Fortus
He's in their new lineup and he's amazing.

But out of those lot I'd have to say Bumblefoot, I think he's a fantastic player. Way better than Slash.

New GnR lineup > Old GnR lineup.
Quote by Mockingbird452
My question is: What playing skills do people thing AREN't boring then? like in other words, if his playing isnt cool, then what is?

Playing that is cool...not random pentatonic/blues things? I might be the only one to think this way but I like my solos to have more harmonic complexity than that. I also prefer guitarists who don't have to rest their guitar on the leg just to play a solo because it 'looks cool' to have you guitar low.

In summation: Guns 'n' Roses, in my opinion, sucked and I have no idea how they inspire such fanatical devotion in their fans.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I've voted for Slash purely because he helped create the GNR sound. Had the likes of Buckethead been in the band from the start GNR would sound totally different.

I wasn't a fan of them in school. In fact I hated them. But as I've got older I appreciate what they did.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

In summation: Guns 'n' Roses, in my opinion, sucked and I have no idea how they inspire such fanatical devotion in their fans.

They had a bunch of songs that were big hits for a long while. And, I liked them.

That's just me though, so thanks for replying. Now I see what people's opinions are.
Quote by Mockingbird452
They had a bunch of songs that were big hits for a long while.

So did James Blunt and Cher and everyone hates them...

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Seth Shadows
Uhm. None.

I think my brain just exploded.

Buckethead is the best guitarist GNR have ever had, but he doesn't belong there, Slash does. Note how they've sucked huge ass since Slash left.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by dean.guitar.man
i meant lead guitarists

Izzy may not have been lead, but he was essential to the real GN'R sound.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
I think Slash was the only guy who didn't look like a misfit with guns n roses.

I like Ron Thal/Bumblefoot better, but and yes he can easily play Guns N Roses stuff, but I think he does not really fit in. Atleast not as long as he doesn't get to set his own fingerprint on their sound (wich he doesn't, of course).
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by Seth Shadows
Uhm. None.

Slash is awful, so is buckethead.

Yeah I bet you're freaking awesome at guitar.
Contestants: Slash...Buckethead...et al.

Judge No. 10: my vote goes to......
to......

.....S L A S H !!!

lol
....so little time.
This is a ridiculous thread. No combination of guitarists ever came close to being as good as Izzy and Slash who were both integral to the GNR sound
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by Seth Shadows
Uhm. None.

You've made yourself look like a douche in every single post you've ever made. Give up while you still can.

Hmm. Buckethead is the most technically proficient, but it has to be Slash, since his playing style fits the music well. He's just part of a classic line-up, and that will never be forgotten.
slash, by far. Izzy needs mention too, though, as does Gilby Clark/Clarke, I don't remember how his name is spelled. Those three were the most fitting guitarists for G n' R.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Hmm. Buckethead is the most technically proficient

I think buckethead and bumblefoot are quite even on this one.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Bumblefoot is great and really can nail slash's style (and imo nearly does the solos better) but the fact he didnt write any of those songs just makes slash better. Granted the new material will be great. But people wont let it slide because its not the "old" roses sound. But time to move on really.

as for bucket head. It was interesting. Too bad they scrapped he's tracks with G'n'R. some class A solos. But imo, way way off in style compared to them.

as for the rest they are good, but didnt get much spotlight with slash there. still esential to the sound
Last edited by False_God at Mar 12, 2008,
Izzy Stradlin'.

... Yes, really. Slash was great 'n all, but I was always more impressed with Izzy's writing and rhythm playing than anything either Slash (guitar) or Axl (writing) did.
His name is Robin Finck,,,not Robert,,,,,not that I care for him, or any of the crap he did in NIN either, though
Quote by dean.guitar.man
i meant lead guitarists
Izzy had some solos, like the first one in "Nightrain." That's Izzy.

Slash is amazing, yeah, but Izzy is the man.