Page 1 of 2
The global warming thread just keeps pissing me off so I had find some fish in a barrel.

So you don't believe in evolution, eh? You think "intelligent design" is a valid scientific theory? You might even think the earth is only 6 thousand years old, you say?

Next time try making a theory that's even possible to provide evidence for, and doesn't have quite so big a mountain against it.

Last edited by bullets34 at Mar 12, 2008,
lol...christians
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
hahaha awesome picture
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
While I agree creationism is imbecilic, the last box of the picture is also kind of stupid considering leeches are still used in modern medical practices and are effective in treatment
hahahaha, i laugh 75% at, 25% with.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
"lets sacrifice him to our god! what? we did it all the time in the 30s"

well something would have created life in the first place to even let evolution happen, so..whatever :\
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
"Intelligent Design is the irrefutable proof of the evolution of stupidity"

Brilliant quote, and I can't agree with you more!
Quote by bullets34
The global warming thread just keeps pissing me off so I had find some fish in a barrel.

So you don't believe in evolution, eh? You think "intelligent design" is a valid scientific theory? You might even think the earth is only 6 thousand years old, you say?

Next time try making a theory that's even possible to provide evidence for, and doesn't have quite so big a mountain against it.

You could've just rolled the barrel, would've been easier.
More points too.
NOTE: Leeches are, in fact, a good medical technique. Not neccesarily in the context in the comic, but they are pretty essential to people after having certain surgeries and having limbs and/or other parts re-attached, to get the blood coagulated and flowing better, again.

[/nerd]
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
the world is flat
live with it
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
Religion thread.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Yeah, because it's so easy to prove that some cosmic explosion or primordial ooze brought about life and the inner workings of a human being. lol
In the beginning there was nothing...which exploded...

I always thought religion was more of a basis to teach kids values and stuff, with mediation.

I didn't know all creationists believed that the universe was 6000 years old.
Quote by Aftertime

well something would have created life in the first place to even let evolution happen, so..whatever :\

The existence of life is not reason to believe in god, not to mention a specific god who watches you and cares for you and bla bla bla. As such there is no reason to believe that god is what did it.

If I rub two sticks together and make fire, do I say God did it? If I didn't know any better, I might. Same goes for the origin of life. We don't know precisely what happened, but we have some good models of it that we are continuing to research and can actually TEST.

Please devise for me a test on the idea that god created life and get back to me. When you realize you can't, please come back crying that because you're ignorant we have to blame it on God.
Quote by chiselite
In the beginning there was nothing...which exploded...

Evolution and ID have nothing to do with the big bang.

Also, the big bang isn't an explosion, it's the literal expansion of space itself. It explains why there is a cosmic red shift in all directions, and a certain level of background radiation, so that theory has a lot going for it. What isn't known is precisely how gravity acts on the quantum level, so no one knows what happened at precisely t = 0.

Just as a stab at god: we know that certain processes are random because of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. So if God is supposed to intervene in our daily lives... well bottom line, he better not **** with those probabilities my friends.
Who the hell cares?

There's undoubtedly another civilization in the universe that would have completely different religions or none at all.

There, we aren't special. If 'God' did make us, he didn't JUST make us. If there was an explosion, well... Doesn't really matter, because we're here now anyways. Same with some primordial ooze.

Why the hell do people think humans are so amazing?
You know where the religion thread is.

*reported*

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by bullets34
The existence of life is not reason to believe in god, not to mention a specific god who watches you and cares for you and bla bla bla. As such there is no reason to believe that god is what did it.

If I rub two sticks together and make fire, do I say God did it? If I didn't know any better, I might. Same goes for the origin of life. We don't know precisely what happened, but we have some good models of it that we are continuing to research and can actually TEST.

Please devise for me a test on the idea that god created life and get back to me. When you realize you can't, please come back crying that because you're ignorant we have to blame it on God.

good point, well personally i dont believe in religion or anything. but in a way i do believe there might be a higher force up there. kinda like "he/she set it all up for us" and the rest is up to us kinda thing
cose after all we're just some spec of dust in the universe..blah
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I dare any Creationist to give me scientific proof backing up Creationism and contradicting the theory of Evolution. No rhetorical arguments, those do not sway me or anyone else who has the facts in hand.

If you guys can do that, you will have a convert.
I respect your opinions and all, the only thing I have a problem with is the title. I happen to be a Creationist and have an above average IQ. But to say a particular group is retarded becuase of their beliefs is pretty much a new form of racism. Example: A comparison here would be capitolists and communists. I'm not a communist, but I see definate flaws in Capitalism that Communism takes care of. Because of these advantages, Capitolism could be seen as retarded to a communist. So if someone came on here and said ALL AMERICANS AND NON-COMMUNISTS ARE RETARDED, that would essentially be the same thing. So, while you're entitled to you opinion, please keep it to yourself as it is very ignorant. If you would like to present your beliefs in a pleasant manner, please do but don't resort to calling millions of people all over the world retarded.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Quote by chiselite

I always thought religion was more of a basis to teach kids values and stuff, with mediation.

I didn't know all creationists believed that the universe was 6000 years old.

Not all creationists believe it, and the ones who do have a special name: Young Earth Creationists.

Religion can certainly be a basis to teach morality, but it isn't necessary. Moderate religion doesn't scare me in least. It's fundamentalism and close-mindedness that bothers me.
Quote by Sirwinston89
I respect your opinions and all, the only thing I have a problem with is the title. I happen to be a Creationist and have an above average IQ. But to say a particular group is retarded becuase of their beliefs is pretty much a new form of racism. Example: A comparison here would be capitolists and communists. I'm not a communist, but I see definate flaws in Capitalism that Communism takes care of. Because of these advantages, Capitolism could be seen as retarded to a communist. So if someone came on here and said ALL AMERICANS AND NON-COMMUNISTS ARE RETARDED, that would essentially be the same thing. So, while you're entitled to you opinion, please keep it to yourself as it is very ignorant. If you would like to present your beliefs in a pleasant manner, please do but don't resort to calling millions of people all over the world retarded.

It's not the same thing, because those are ideologies, evolution is science, and creationism is ideology trying to revamp itself as science.

It's more like someone going around believing the earth is flat. Would you call them retarded?

(well, you might not since, i guess, the term is offensive. So with that in mind I'll change it to misinformed)
Why is it that Creationism and Evolution have to be completely mutually exclusive? Why couldn't a god, lower case "G" means no god in particular, have created life with evolution as his/her/its method?

I'm an agnostic, complete closed mindedness doesn't seem like a good thing to me.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Quote by bullets34

If you could 'test' and understand everything about a god, he really wouldn't be a god. I really wouldn't want to serve something that I can be just as powerful and intelligent as.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Quote by JesusLives
If you could 'test' and understand everything about a god, he really wouldn't be a god. I really wouldn't want to serve something that I can be just as powerful and intelligent as.

So if you can't test it, or provide any evidence for it, you are choosing to believe in something

1) you have no reason to believe exists;

2) can never prove exists,

3) and can do nothing to help you because of numerous principles of physics.

Airtight case.
I agree with the extremists being scary, thats for sure. But as for the close-mindedness, I think I might be able to explain.

Imagine for a moment that you were born about 50+ years ago, and religion was your only life outside of farming, or whatever other long hours, hard work job you could get. And your whole life you had a person older and more traditionalist than you preaching to you, and telling you to watch out for false saviors. I think thats where the whole paranoia and resistance to new ideaologies comes from. Not to mention the fact that in every religious leader, there is some bias. No one can make a 100% accurate lesson out of anybook not written by themselves.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Quote by jackson001
Why is it that Creationism and Evolution have to be completely mutually exclusive? Why couldn't a god, lower case "G" means no god in particular, have created life with evolution as his/her/its method?

I'm an agnostic, complete closed mindedness doesn't seem like a good thing to me.

Theistic evolutionism.
I don't have a problem with the world being older than 6000 years. Some Christians don't agree with it because they think it's a compromise to evolutionists. However, I find nothing contradictory about an older earth theory.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Too many Christians believe you are either with them or against them on the debate regarding Creation vs. Evolution. It simply turns people to the other side.
Quote by Fate_of_Mind

like omg!!! jk!!!
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
It's kinda like liberalism and conservatism. So many people are like, 'there are only two sides.' There is a massive grey area in the middle that most intelligent people reside in.
The whole creationism vs evolution debate is getting boring

I challenge an atheist that believes in the whole big bang and all that to explain to me how everything began using something that isn't a theory.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Page 1 of 2